Questions? Looking for parts? Parts for sale? or just for a chat,

The WD Motorcycle forum

WD Motorcycle forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Enthusiastic nackler needs professional help

Dave Plumb is not a million miles from you (Chester area) and runs his own motorcycle repair and engineering business. He's well versed with M20's. If you put his name in the search box, some posts by him will appear which contain his email address. Ron

email (option): ronpier@talk21.com

Thanks for the help

Don't let anyone discourage you. Everyone on this forum has, at some stage, started from scratch with zero knowledge. The M series engines are an elegantly simple design that is made to be reliable and easy to repair (for the time). For me, learning how to rebuild and maintain my M20 is a big part of the attraction. There are some very knowledgeable people on this forum and they are generous with their advice.

Enjoy.

Cas

email (option): cas.vanderwoude@gmail.com

You might try Peter Tipping. He's in Aintree, Liverpool so fairly near. Pete has run the family motorcycle business for many years, started by his father after the war (I think). Peter has built up his own collection of WW2 military motorcycles, all frame up restorations, so he knows his stuff. He's certainly helped me out more than once.
His phone number is 0151 526 1220, email billveloman@aol.com
Simon

email (option): simon.bromley@talktalk.net

I always encourage anyone starting out on old bikes to do as much as they can themselves....Start by sourcing the correct manual and parts list for the bike and begin to think about and acquire the tools you'll need....
It's true that in the early stages you will struggle and may well need some professional help to get it running correctly and keep it that way but that can be an expensive exercise if relied on totally and, ultimately, you'll never advance your own knowledge and experience...Not only that keeping it running yourself is a very rewarding experience as you get the hang of it...
Decades back when I was a (very) low paid apprentice I simply couldn't afford to take my bikes to a shop to be repaired so was forced along the 'learning curve'....Over time and via many mistakes etc. I'm told I've become an 'expert'...:laughing: ....
The fact is we all started off not knowing anything...When I bought my first bike (250 Matchless) the chap dropped it off at my house and as he left on the back of his mates BSA A10 he shouted back 'It's one down and three up'....I had absolutely no idea what he meant!!...:laughing: ...Ian

email (option): ian@wright52.plus.com

This thread appeared near the top because of a canceled scammer again. Ron

email (option): ronpier@talk21.com

Nieuwe pagina 1