Questions? Looking for parts? Parts for sale? or just for a chat,

The WD Motorcycle forum

WD Motorcycle forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: TRW Pannier Bags

I just noticed in this picture of later war 3HW's that they are dark bags with tan piping. Could they have started the green bags earlier than TRW at Meriden? If so, those green ones of mine could replace the tan bags on my late 3HW.:relaxed: Ron
Meriden1943

email (option): ronpier@talk21.com

Ian Wright
Those are the correct bag carriers for a TRW and both the carriers and the bags themselves are dimensionally the same as wartime ones...

Later BSA B40s had the smaller carriers and smaller bags of a different pattern ...Ian
Thanks Ian

email (option): dave.stapleton@me.com

So Dave your racks are correct , mine that I mentioned are very different, so yet to find out what mine fit , will post a photo to Ron who knows how to post photos because I have tried in vain , DOH , so Dave there are good reproductions made in the U.K. by frank brown, cannot remember his business name but he will be following this thread ,

email (option): warbikes@gmail.com

No problem Andy, but I already posted a link to Frank after the initial inquiry. Ron

Ron, might they have changed from brown with SCC No.2 to green with Olive Drab ? It would seem logical as presumably all vehicle canvases changed at that time ?

Oh for original colour pictures!!! Ron

The bags on the M20 in the current forum picture are the 'taller' style...They also have a strong colour differential between the bag material, the edging and the webbing fitments....Ian

email (option): ian@wright52.plus.com

Nieuwe pagina 1