Questions? Looking for parts? Parts for sale? or just for a chat,

The WD Motorcycle forum

WD Motorcycle forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Clutch Covers

All the ones on ebay at the moment seem to be of the same origin. Well the picture looks the same Michael.
vintage_india1989 is where mine came from.

As I mentioned in another post Ian, Surflex have listings for them. When I have some spare pocket money I'll ask if they will make me a batch of all three plates. I expect they will be oil tolerant as well.

I have a small batch of billets for the basket and hub, so when I'm allowed some machine time I'll have a play with them.

email (option): pes.sales@btconnect.com

Re: Clutch Covers

There is no reason to use 3 seperate plates now that we can successfully bond fibre plates onto steel.
Thicker steel plates with less fibre bonded to the drive plates would be a useful upgrsde.
I might be unique but I find the thin plates deform very easily and gouge the groves in the chainwheel very quickly.
Usually I run 2 double drive plates and 2 double driven plates + 1 set of singles plates which I think has worked best
When I get some more gas I am going to weld some old ones together .
Evert time I pull the clutch apart I alter the pocition of the single plate to shift the position where the tangs run on the chainwheel groove
There is no reason for all of those slip faces on a clutch for a 13 Hp engine

If the top hat has the bolt holes in the wrong place then it is probably for a 6 spring clutch for an A10 or B33
I was going to get some made at a press shop as they are a simple pressing or a slightly more complicated spinning and if spun could be made in aluminium.
However when I checked around they were everywhere and the vendors said they would be lucky to sell more than 2 a year so a 1000 unit press run was not a viable alternative as I doubt I will be around in the year 3000 to sell the final one.
Any less and the unit price skyrockets to cover the cost of the press dies .

Nieuwe pagina 1