Questions? Looking for parts? Parts for sale? or just for a chat,

The WD Motorcycle forum

WD Motorcycle forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Valvemaster Fuel Additive

Naughty! No, but if it saves having to drain down the system and/or doing a carb clean and rebuild, then it might be worth it. Even draining the carb has its pitfalls I have found with seals drying out. Sure, riding over winter is the real answer, but we are about to have the usual plastering of salty slurry applied to our roads and my modern bikes are the tools for those conditions.

That Glasgow Elephant Repellent seems to do a good job. Not a lot of Elephants around Glasgow. (somebody had to say it!)

email (option): binnawan@iinet.net.au

If the Aspen lawn mower petrol was £2 a litre it would be worth buying, the way fuel prices are rising and the fact it has a long shelf life sounds pretty good, but from what I can see its nearer £6 per litre.

Rob

email (option): robmiller11(a)yahoo.co.uk

I could probably get down to around £4.00 per litre if enough people purchased it. Shouldn't really post the stuff though. We carry some of their high octane fuel fuel, but very few buy it.

email (option): pes.sales@btconnect.com

['No, but if it saves having to drain down the system...']

Surely you'd still have to drain the system before putting in the storage fuel?...If not you would have a difficult calculation of how far you would have to ride with a mix of the two fuels whilst still adding storage fuel before all the E10 was consumed...That could make your brain hurt!!.:laughing: .

Saying that, after draining the E10 the storage fuel looks like a good 'over winter' option...Looking at all their other fuels I would think cost would rule them out for anything other than competition use or, for example, short local runs on a high compression Triumph engine or similar...Ian

email (option): ian@wright52.plus.com

There are quite a few processes that produce petrol as a waste product.
Most of the primary plastic production will produce petrol as a waste by product.
I had some friends who worked at a polly prop plant & none of them ever bought petrol and their bikes ran really well .

In the UK I would imagine the only real problem would be water condensation from air in the float bowl or tank, which is why you fill them to the brim or drain completely and take the taps out

In the USA & OZ things are different where the hotted days evaporate all of the aromatics out of the fuel which then changes the chemistry of the fuel

Some of the Canadians I know tell me the oxygenators they put in winter fuuel can also cause grief .

Nieuwe pagina 1