The WD Motorcycle forum

WD Motorcycle forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: WM20 Front Mudguard and bent forks

That's good enough for me Ron!
I guess if you have a choice of hones & reamers in a well equipped pro shop then you go for the best option.
I have a few reamers but nothing long enough to go right across the forks & none I could fix a guide rod to. A jig on my old bench press where I could line the bush bores up with a rod, & then flip over to the other side might be possible. I need to confirm the chuck is running at 90 degrees to the table as I've not yet used it for anything much beyond drilling holes in thin plate.
As Ian said, they need to be straight to start with.

Re. mudguards, I've often found mudguards need fettling to fit, rears more than fronts.
I got an alu' tank from India a few years back (not M20) & for the money it was pretty good, not perfect by any means but passed muster - no adverse comments, I have a theory that feedback to the makers is worth trying if something is not quite right, like out of line fork indents or whatever. Tell them the correct measurements (if you are sure of them - it helps to have an original).
Otherwise it's no good us complaining of poor quality & how can they ever get any better?
Also I've had a few "poorly made in the UK" parts over the years; copies of copies, & plenty you buy here now was made abroad anyway.

Nieuwe pagina 1