Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Horn in service brown .

Good point Rik! Ron

email (option): ronpier@talk21.com

Yes! My problem is solved! I don’t need a second MAF just to have that other color. But there is another problem. The original NOS MAF wheel has a label with a vanished text and O.H.M.S. (On her Majesty’s Service!?). Never seen this kind of labels on spare parts before. What does it mean in this context?

Peter, what you have to do is build a KG3 bike with a few brown parts on..then pull up a chair an listen to people commenting :grinning:

I've seen boxes of post-war repackaged Norton parts which had KG3, SCC Brown and Olive Drab parts in...It must have been the case that wrong-coloured parts ended up vehicles...

The OHMS label was a postage label from the time when Royal Mail was state-owned and provided a decent service...Does it have a destination marked on it ? If not, perhaps it was never sent or was placed in a larger consignment.

Here is Peter's wheel. Of course up to 1952, it could have been "On HIS Majesty's Service" Ron

IMG-7315

email (option): ronpier@talk21.com

Thanks Rik and thanks Ron. Again I have learned about some details of my Velocette MAF, but they are important to me. The idea about building a motorcycle in two colours is perhaps a good one. Only problem, I am still looking for a MAF frame. Most other parts are there. And those comments ….. I think there will be some amusement.

Nieuwe pagina 1