Questions? Looking for parts? Parts for sale? or just for a chat,

The WD Motorcycle forum

WD Motorcycle forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Shepton mallet jumble

Hi
I’ll be at shepton this Saturday - it’s my last jumble during my time in the U.K.
hope to see some of you there
Pitch no ER 76/77

Br
Job

email (option): jonnyob1@googlemail.com

Re: Shepton mallet jumble

Hi John
How many times have we heard you say "its my last jumble"?

I'm in the same hall ER16

Rob

email (option): robmiller11(a)yahoo.co.uk

I'll be attending as a punter...I'll pick up your crank cases there John...Ian

email (option): ian@wright52.plus.com

I've been offered a seat in a mates car, I'll be there and collect the stand bolts etc John.

Ron

email (option): ronpier@talk21.com

It’s definitely it Robb
Van will be going back with the remaining stuff next week
Website to follow in December
But yes - this is it for real
Hope to see you & your dad there
Br
Job

Thanks Ian
Job

I'll be there too. It'll be good to catch up with you all.

email (option): horror@blueyonder.co.uk

Had a very nice day at Shepton, great to meet up with lots of old friends some I hadn't seen for years, No Ian unfortunately but it was good to catch up with JOB before his return to the emerald isle.

And of course some treasure to gloat over when I got home, the bag is dated 1945 and I presume its a late war vehicle tool bag to replace the earlier leather version?, The 7/8" rubber twist grip is marked "AMAL 16/070", I'm hoping its an early war type? The pressure gauge is a post war WD PCL.

Rob

shep

I only bought a few odds and ends. I spent more time nattering to friends and people I hadn't seen since before covid. Ron

Rob Miller
Had a very nice day at Shepton, great to meet up with lots of old friends some I hadn't seen for years, No Ian unfortunately but it was good to catch up with JOB before his return to the emerald isle.

And of course some treasure to gloat over when I got home, the bag is dated 1945 and I presume its a late war vehicle tool bag to replace the earlier leather version?, The 7/8" rubber twist grip is marked "AMAL 16/070", I'm hoping its an early war type? The pressure gauge is a post war WD PCL.

Rob

Very nice find Rob!

I went to a tanner with an enormous stock of leather last week. I took your toolroll with me, found the correct leather for the straps and found from the oldest stock the proper leather for the BSA early toolbags. I was very happy to find that. I hope you don't mind that I borrow your toolroll for some time more as I still have to find a few small items to make proper repro's.

Regards,
Bastiaan

email (option): wdmotorcycles@gmail.com

That's a nice No.2 Gas ointment tin, Rob...the last that I found was slightly more worn but it will spend its time in the pocket of the gas cape so not a great problem.

The Chain Spare Parts tin, I'm pretty sure is up to and including 1935...BY 1936 they seem to have included the wording 'Suitable for Coventry Mark 8'

Chain-Spares-1936-poss

By late 1939 they has changed again...

Chain-Spares-1940-at-latest

Hi Bastiaan

No great rush, take your time and get it right.

Rob

I suppose the earlier chain spares tins could have been issued with the pre war BSA V twins or the first WD Nortons, and maybe left over stocks could have carried on in use later, its a nice thing in any case.

Rob

Shepton Mallet VMCC jumble is on again this coming Saturday, although I'm slightly concerned by the weather forecast.

Who's coming?

Rob

See you there Rob. I'm blagging a lift with Biggsy again. Ron

Hi rob
I’m going as a mainly a “visitor” - I have ferry credits to use within February - but will be bringing some stuff with me for sale which I will list on the sale/ looking for page separately

I will have a fairly complete & correct June 1940 m20 deluxe project and some other early parts for sale

I’ll see you there
Br
Job

I'll be there as a punter, hopefully I'll find some parts I'm after for my latest project...Ian

I had a good day out with mates and meeting other friends. I found a nice condition bum pad that is ten times better then the pressed plastic type from India, a hard to find speedo drive for a right side brake plate (Triumph/Ariel etc) a dipswitch suitable for the BSA pre war levers, another set of magneto spanners and stocked up on Lucas connectors.

Fortunately most of the stalls are inside three large halls so the wind and rain that came in didn't matter too much. Ron

DSCF4381

I missed you unfortunately Ron...I didn't pick up any WD bits as I don't really need any at the moment and the two tubes of Autosol polish seemed like they would be a small reward for the mileage covered...

Then I found an outer primary cover for my latest project which are becoming both hard to find in reasonable condition and very expensive...That changed it all as the cover looked good and the price was only moderately insane...A preliminary clean up when I got home indicates it will clean up nicely with the application of a day or two of graft, so I ended up happy!...Ian:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

So is this project a secret Ian? Ron

It was a great day at shepton
Met lots of folk from the there & I bought & sold well too
I can be happy heading to the ferry home in a few days
Jo’b

I saw you John but you were busy chatting, glad you had a good day.

A good day out and great to meet up with Rob and Ian who I hadn’t seen for a very long time. I found a really good 1939 Matchless panel fuel tank. I also bought a really nice pin drive speedometer from JOB which appears to have been painted in RAF blue grey from new. Cheers JT

['So is this project a secret Ian? Ron..']

Not a WD project Ron and it would take a while to detail the spec. as most of it is non standard..In a nutshell a new build Wasp 'oil in frame' lightweight BSA Gold Star type frame modified to my spec. Marzocchi alloy yokes, new replica Ceriani forks, Falcon alloy shock absorbers, Dural engine plates and an all aluminium Triumph T120R back wheel...Front wheel yet to be determined from six possible candidates, but all twin leading shoe drum brakes...Alloy rims etc.
A BSA B33 engine with a one off pressed up needle roller crank fitted with a Carillo con rod..Forged JE piston..Bore and stroke 90.5 x 100mm to give a capacity of 643cc...Drive side crank cases machined to accept larger bearing, Gold Star type crank oil feed...Scrambles Gold star cams, ABSAF high capacity oil pump...Modified cylinder head and the new aluminium body Amal Concentric carb...
BSA swinging arm gearbox, NEB alloy clutch...plus many other detailed mods...

It will be a bike to be ridden, with a large capacity but not overly tuned engine and a very low weight...Ultimately it will replace my rigid B33, The Goldie I recently completed and possibly my Indian Enfield hack....Ian

Ian,
that's a nightmare for the rivetcounters on this forum :grinning:

The secret is to search through the stalls at the jumbles for a box of 'Assorted Rivets' and away you go...:laughing: Ian

I wish we were nearer Ian it would be nice to pop round to your "surgery" for a cup of tea and a look see. Those 130 miles of west country roads are not the best in the World. Ron

Nieuwe pagina 1