Questions? Looking for parts? Parts for sale? or just for a chat,

The WD Motorcycle forum

WD Motorcycle forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
1941 WD G3L Bolts Question

Can someone assist with the correct part name/numbers for bolts 1 - 5?

I am not sure but I suspect

1. Bolt, for seat lug (below saddle) - CF-STD-597 (new 000597) or is it Bolt, for saddle front hinge, 2 1/8" by 3/8" by 26 - 000410 (new 000410)
2. Bolt, uniting front and rear frame - CF-STD-280 (new 000280)
3. Bolt, fixing regulator unit, 9/16" by 1/4" by 26 - CF-STD-70 (new 000070)
4. Bolt, for seat tube bottom lug - CF-STD-302 (new 000302) - Little concerned as parts list only says one required, where it is obvious it needs 2.
5. Bolt, fixing spring to frame - STD-368 (new 000368).

I would hate order parts only to find I ordered the wrong ones. :joy:

Re: 1941 WD G3L Bolts Question

Hi there Alun

I have had a look ay my notes, compiled when I stripped my 41 G3L. My bike was built under contrace No. C 9841. There may be/is variations of some components used in different contracts.

These are from notes relating to my bike, but should help you.

I have used the "New" part numbers as both the AMOC & Russel motors use them.

Bolt 1. Saddle nose bolt - 2 1/8 long x 3/8 O/d. x 26 t.p.i. C.e. i. (Threads per inch. Cycle engineers institute)
+ 1 flat plain washer + 1 nut 3/8 x 26
Part No.s. - Bolt - 00 0410
- Washer -00 0010
- Nut 00 0003

Bolt 2. Bolt uniting front & rear frame - Top position - Is actally a stud. Stud 4 5/32 long x 1/2 O/d x 26 tpi X 26 tpi with a 3 BA hole tapped into tne end for the earth wire screw/stud + Washers x 2 off 1/2 I/d + Nuts x 2 off 1/2 x 26 tpi.
Part No.s - Stud - 00 0597
- Washers - 00 0008
- Nuts - 00 0001

Bolt 3. For fixing regulator to frame. Ny notes say:- Bolts 2 off 9/16 long X 1/4 O/d x 26 tpi + washers 2 off 1/4 I/d plain flat washers + nuts 2 off x 1/4 x 26 tpi
Part No.s - Bolts 00 0070
- Washers 00 0012
- Nuts 00 0005

Bolt 4. Saddle frame to top eye of spring (this is what your picture shows.) My notes sat: - Bolts 2 off 11/16 long x 1/4 O/d x 26 tpi + 2 off 1/4 I/d flat plain washers - 2 off nuts 1/4 x 26 tpi
Part No.s - Bolts 00 0342
- Washers 00 0012
- Nuts 00 0005

Bolt 5. Saddle spring (lower eye) to frame. My notes say. Bolts 2 off 9/16 long x 5/16 O/d x 26 tpi + washers 2 off 5/16 I/d + Nuts 2 0ff x 5/16 x 26 tpi
Part No.s Bolts - 00 0368
Washers - 00 0011
Nuts - 00 0005

All these would have been originally cadnium plated, but as this finish is no longer available any more, dull zinc plating will have to suffice

Hope this help[s you out, if I can help you any more please drop me a line

Chris M

email (option): millspray@yahoo.com

Chris

Very comprehensive. Thank you.

I plan on some nickel plating of some parts, but I can zinc plate too :grinning: .

Much appreciated.

Al

Hello Alun

re. zinc plating. I would like to do some zinc plating on a number of small components, nuts, bolts, Etc. but have never got round to it. How difficult is it to zinc plate sucessfully?

I am always suspicious of kit sellers claims of how good & easy to use. I would rather hear it from some one who has experence of such kits, can you let me know what they are like to use, any problems or pitfalls to look out for? or even tips to sucess

Thanks

Chris Moore

email (option): millspray@yahoo.com

Chris Moore
Hello Alun

re. zinc plating. I would like to do some zinc plating on a number of small components, nuts, bolts, Etc. but have never got round to it. How difficult is it to zinc plate sucessfully?

I am always suspicious of kit sellers claims of how good & easy to use. I would rather hear it from some one who has experence of such kits, can you let me know what they are like to use, any problems or pitfalls to look out for? or even tips to sucess

Thanks

Chris Moore
Chris

I plan to zinc plate, I did not say I can. :grinning:

But having said that, I have researched the process of Electrolysis and have successfully de-rusted a bunch of things so far on the project.

This is the easiest and clearest video explaining the plating process and this is how I am planning on doing my plating.

https://youtu.be/G-PtnwtOR24

I have already purchased the nickel plates as anodes, and for creating the solution. I will do the same for the zinc.

And if you feel the need for brass plating, this demonstrates how easily it is to convert your zinc coating over to brass.
https://youtu.be/Q2yZNOOdsnE

I hope this helps.

Both look pretty straight forward and cheap.

When the time comes I will hopefully be able to show the results here.

Cheers

Al

Chris Moore
Hello Alun

Thanks

Chris Moore
Chris

Today I created the nickel solution and successfully nickel plated a part. Quite easy actually.

I am assuming the zinc process will be the same. I am just waiting on my zinc anodes to arrive.

Al

Tin plating is quite a good substitute for cadmium with a very similar finish/colour, is pretty common and it's not expensive...My local plating shops normal process is to copper plate first before the tin goes on so it's fairly durable...Ian

email (option): ian@wright52.plus.com

Nieuwe pagina 1