Questions? Looking for parts? Parts for sale? or just for a chat,

The WD Motorcycle forum

WD Motorcycle forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
WM20 Ring Size Please

Does anyone know the the dimensions of a WM20 rig size with a 82.5mm piston?
Called the radial wall thickness, axial width and side clearance. Another is the compressed gap.

I just can not believe of the tens of thousands of piston rings made not one would fit an old WM20 side valve.

Thanks

email (option): cbhaws@verizon.net

Re: WM20 Ring Size Please

The only measurements given in the standards book for new std rings are:-
Thickness of compression ring = .093" - .094" clearance of ring in groove .002" - .004"
Thickness of scraper ring = .124" - .125" clearance of ring in groove .001" - .003"

Ring gap = .008" - .012"

Ron

email (option): ronpier@talk21.com

Thanks Ron
I have been trying to measure my by stuffing stacks of feeler gauges. The compression ring and the oil ring both had the very thin rings positioned on the bottom of the ring. These rings just drop through the bore. So as suggested someone was probably trying to make up for an undersized ring.

My ring gap on the compression ring is about 0.020. Probably best to get a new piston ring set.
Thanks again

Absolutely no point in persisting with those bodged rings. I think John O'Brien has new rings. Ron

email (option): ronpier@talk21.com

It would surprise me a little if the ring grooves haven't become damaged by the ill-fitting rings fluttering. I'd be looking for a new piston.

Thanks,
I am on the hunt for a new piston, rings the works.

Nieuwe pagina 1