Questions? Looking for parts? Parts for sale? or just for a chat,

The WD Motorcycle forum

WD Motorcycle forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Riders instruction book - WB30 - late contract

Hi
Here’s hoping someone has an owners manual in their collection for a later contract wb30 equipped with coil valve springs & the 7” front brake that they would be willing to part with

Many thanks
Jo’b

email (option): jonnyob1@googlemail.com

Re: Riders instruction book - WB30 - late contract

If you mean the riders hand book I'll check to see if I have a copy, I know I don't have an original...I've never seen a workshop manual for a B30. However, the engine can be built using a B31 manual as in most practical respects they are identical, particularly the coil valve spring version....The gearbox is shared with the B29/B26 and other B Series models from just before the war and some information may be gleened there...Forks and some other parts are also shared with other models...

I have a copy of the wartime 'Motorcycle Magazine' articles that covered WD bikes and the B30 engine and gearbox feature in that...Ian

email (option): ian@wright52.plus.com

That reminds me I have an original Instruction Book for Contract C8330 - Engine and Frame Nos. WB30 101 - WB30 150 NOT FOR SALE but I can photocopy it if of help and send it to you. Like Ian I have never seen a Workshop Manual for a WB30 but would imagine they did exist and perhaps a copy is still about somewhere. I would also think there should be Spares Lists somewhere.

email (option): keithchandler@clistandchandler.co.uk

I've got copies of spares lists...Also an original factory drawing dated 1940 with sectioned views of a WB30 engine (full size) showing all the part numbers..It also shows dates for some of the later modifications...Ian

email (option): ian@wright52.plus.com

Thanks Ian/ Keith
I would like a riders book in particular - associated with each later production bikes - hoping someone here has one looking for a new home - I had heard there were some on the jumble scene some years back
Shop manual I will refer to b31 data to get me through
I have a printed parts list & also an electronic version which is multiple pages not a single document - a friend is working on this for me to consolidate these into a single pdf document

Interestingly, I was contacted by a forum member whose contact has access to factory drawings, they are in fact later spec WB30 with 7” brake - like my project
I am hoping he can work with his contact to obtain copies or scans of these - I have seen photos of them & they look very interesting & informative
Still hoping !🙏

Jo’b

email (option): jonnyob1@googlemail.com

Nieuwe pagina 1