Questions? Looking for parts? Parts for sale? or just for a chat,

The WD Motorcycle forum

WD Motorcycle forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Indian made pannier frames

Has any one bought a set of the Indian made pannier frames.If so can you please tell me If they are well made and compare favorably with the originals.Thank you.

email (option): modelwdg@aol.com

Re: Indian made pannier frames

I have a pair on my M20 and am happy with them but I can't tell you how they compare with originals; I don't have any originals, hence the Indian ones.

I've had a few sets of originals and I have bought a pair of Indian made. The ones I received were ok and with a bit of fettling and 3 coats of paint they would do ok for stand-ins till some originals come along. I cannot say if they all come the same or if you would receive good ones or bad ones if you bought a set. The quality is obviously not the same, I think it would be a case of pot-luck.
R.

email (option): richardpurkiss@hotmail.com

I bought a set last year for my 44 M20 as i had none and i have a MIG welder so i thought how bad can they be, i was honestly happy that they they even showed up here in Canada and when i tried to mount them they were skewed, bent, squint and bowed ha ha
so no surprise eh i half mounted them and using a long bar attempted to pry them straight(ish) well a few of the welds? let go soi kept on prying and re-welded and voila! they look ok now, a lot less work than trying to make some and for the price i got what i expected and am happy....

Ted have you asked Jan? His are perfect. Ron

email (option): ronpier@talk21.com

I Got a pair and I had to remake them completely. To long in length and to wide . The up bars on the so called back all wonky in the wrong places and the holes also drilled wrong.

So personally I would avoid like everything that is made in India, with the exception of few that have had good fuel tanks and mudgaurds but check with other members from whom to get them from.

email (option): chriscool@sky.com

I've recently been speaking to a bloke in the UK who's told me he's making them, £180 a pair I think he said. I haven't seen them myself but I can put you in touch if you're interested.

email (option): horror@blueyonder.co.uk

I was thinking about braving some indian ones, but I'm some way off being able to do a test fit. My problem at the moment is a decent rear frame. :(

email (option): pes.sales@btconnect.com

Nieuwe pagina 1