Questions? Looking for parts? Parts for sale? or just for a chat,

The WD Motorcycle forum

WD Motorcycle forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Goodwood Revival

Hello John. Yes, I will pop along, thank you. No particular reason, it’s just a part of the show I always like and with talk of a new event layout etc I’m glad to hear that you’ll still be there.

email (option): John.childs1@btopenworld.com

Hello,
How does one exhibit their bike at Goodwood? Is it by invite only?
TIA,
Justin.

email (option): leggy90@icloud.com

Hello Justin. I’ve not done it myself, but I believe it is by invitation, often at club level. I think the Military Vehicle Trust were advertising for their members to take part in the Victory Parade. If you're riding there on a pre-1966 bike then you could get a pass to park it in Car Park B, which is the parking zone reserved for classics, but you will have to get onto the ticket office pretty sharp.

Thanks John,
There was a mention of the parade on Milweb and I replied but heard nothing.
I would like to display a WW2 WD bike, maybe next year? Nearer the time I'll see how I may be able to display.
Thanks for your reply John,
Justin.

It might be worth a chat with the gents on the DR display.

Its invitation only justin...most of the participants have been doing it for years and it's not easy to get in !!..I've been doing it since 2003 as one of the Rockers ☠ on my beeza A10....really the only way to get in would be if you know the Don R's and maybe someone drops out??..likewise,with the rockers and other exhibitors, the turnover is minimal as not too many people want to give it up!!?.. it's a wonderful event..spitfires,motorcycles, mates and glamorous women..!!!....cant wait!!😆......I'll pop over to say hello chaps!! Tally ho and all that!

email (option): jacko1977pfc@gmail.com

Thanks for the replies both. I'll have to make a concerted effort to attend as a member of the public next year and speak to someone displaying their WD bikes with a view to possibly getting on the waiting list.
Shame I'm selling my 1960 BSA Super Rocket, I may have been able to get in with you Shaun. 😭😉

A super rocket would be spot on justin!!..may see you in another "guise" though at some point!??... im off to set up camp at the revival tomorrow so hope to catch a few of you there!?...pip pip

email (option): jacko1977pfc@gmail.com

Have fun Shaun! 😁

Very good to see the NOBS at Goodwood this weekend, and to have a chat with some of you. And especially thank you for taking part in the Victory Parade and contributing to such a spectacular and moving testimonial.

Nieuwe pagina 1