Questions? Looking for parts? Parts for sale? or just for a chat,

The WD Motorcycle forum

WD Motorcycle forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Welbike paint.

Quick message for Steve S, can you shoot me an email, on this address. I would like to talk to you with regards to some content from the Littlewoods books.

Best Regards

JD

email (option): Jonhdoh AT btinternet.com

Rob Miller
I painted my early Mk1 brown too but I have been informed by another reliable source that it should be the early khaki green.

I presume that every factory doing government contracts obtained paint supplies through the Ministry of Supply, how and when the colour changes happened at different factories would have depended on quite a few varying factors, Excelsior's Welbike production was quite small scale, I wonder what other war work they were doing which may have needed painting?

What was the frame number of the Salerno Welbike?

Rob
Rob, that Welbike has framenumber 2013 (see info above), and was not from Salerno, the MKI's were not Khaki green, but a much darker colour, have had the paint made from an original MKI from Italy (maybe from Salerno, or that neighborhood) Can spray a sample if you want.

Hope this helps,

Lex

email (option): welbike@welbi**.net

Since this thread has been revived, here is my Welbike after I repainted it in blend of dark cammo green to match a swatch from Lex, and with the correct font and size for the census number. Ron
W-repaint11

email (option): ronpier@talk21.com

Hi Ron
Could I borrow the swatch, I should probably repaint mine.
Rob

email (option): robmiller11(a)yahoo.co.uk

Not sure where Lex's swatch is? If I can't find it, I'll send you a sample of what I mixed. Ron

Weblike query

Can anyone suggest correct tube for the welbike tyre?

The one sold on eBay with angled spigot is impossible to fit.

email (option): unpob@yahoo.com

Re: Weblike query

Henri, I just went on "Welbike UK" site and I see they are fitting the cranked valve, so it must be possible. Although not original looking, it makes them a darn site easier to pump up.(especially the rear)

The original valves were the cycle type ("WOODS" from memory) so you use an ordinary cycle pump. As it happens, my front tube is the Woods type but my rear has a motorcycle type valve. So I have to use two type of flexi connector on my cycle pump. Ron
photo-DSCF0124-640px
W-stilltime-2

Re: Weblike query

Thanks a bunch Ron.

Only way to insert that cranked valve would have required enlarging the rim hole. Instead I attempted straightening out the cranked…no comments further on that attempt. I am still kicking myself.

Nieuwe pagina 1