Questions? Looking for parts? Parts for sale? or just for a chat,

The WD Motorcycle forum

WD Motorcycle forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Now I'm getting worried...

Trevor, the CNC courses would most likely meet you needs. They still have to cover the basics of tool / work speed and feed and material differences for those. In fact I think that has to be more of a focus because your not being taught about "feel" and judgement. Also depends who the tutor is, ie how were they taught? Worth poking that a bit more maybe with the local TAFE? I money guessing here based on the youngsters at my communal workshop, ie enonly way I get a workshop :) envious of the machinery you've got the space for :)

email (option): dickie.bobbie@hotmail.co.uk

In being critical of 'precision' products from India I wasn't by inference suggesting there weren't problems with parts sourced elsewhere..There are poor quality products everywhere...In fact I am currently making rectifications to both the tolerances and some design features of a hub/ brake drum assembly that was manufactured in the UK and cost me £277!...

Personally, whilst I prefer to buy a British product purely to support companies based here I don't really mind where anything is manufactured as long as it's done correctly...
Irrespective of any comparisons, I was just pointing out that the use of Indian made, high stress engine components should be approached with extreme caution IMO as I feel there is an inherent and real risk. I wouldn't use them myself...Ian

email (option): ian@wright52.plus.com

I've just seen Indian-made WM20 gearbox outer covers. Around £200 with shipping. Has anyone sampled Royal Crusaders products?

email (option): cmmacd @hotmail.co.uk

Nieuwe pagina 1