Questions? Looking for parts? Parts for sale? or just for a chat,

The WD Motorcycle forum

WD Motorcycle forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Motor Cycling magazine gearbox articles

Hi all,
The Gearbox Work document in the Technical Section refers to some magazine articles with more info on gearbox servicing. Does anybody know where I can find these?

“Motor Cycling” of January 30, 1941, March 1942 and January 27, 1955

email (option): shaneambrose@hotmail.com

Re: Motor Cycling magazine gearbox articles

A search for "old motorcycle magazines for sale" on the internet came up with this firm and there are probably others.

https://dropbears.com/c/classicmemories/british-bike-mags.htm

There is also always Ebay Ron

email (option): ronpier@talk21.com

Hi Shane and Ron,

I have tons of these mags (Motorcycling & Motorcycle) that I use for reference. Not many war dated
issues though.

BUT....... There are loads of postwar mags with the appropriate info. Shanes question brings to mind
a way to preserve and share these rarities such as contemporary road tests, maintenance articles, dodges
and bodges & etc....

The ads in the back for fork repair, ex military stores sales, surplus crate motors etc. are an intriguing
window on that bygone era. PLUS..... The riders tips make a good deal of sense.

I do have a scanner, but this would be a daunting task. Perhaps one series per month, say all of 1951 "Motorcycling"
with just the tech articles. Perhaps we can combine our efforts with several men scanning their collections?

I'm still sorting my move out, but am making progress. It will take some time, but I can make a list of the
issues and years.

email (option): britool51@hotmail.com

I found your article.

email (option): britool51@hotmail.com

Nieuwe pagina 1