Questions? Looking for parts? Parts for sale? or just for a chat,

The WD Motorcycle forum

WD Motorcycle forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: SERVICE / DATA PLATE

Its all personal choice, do what you want, but if its historical data you require as in the original question, only so much exists.

Rob

email (option): robmiller11(a)yahoo.co.uk

Thank you for your replies and comments ,it is much appreciated . The plate was a gift from my son and i was just trying to make it look as authentic as possible .

email (option): AGTREDGETT@TALKTALK.NET

My own WM20 I am currently in the process of re-building, is from 1941, with a 1944 engine fitted. It has a data plate stating it was overhauled in Singapore in 1957. It appears that it might have been sold off when the British Army pulled out of Singapore around 1971.

It has some later post War parts fitted. I thought it would be nice to leave it as it is. I am not a purist and think this all is in keeping with the bikes history.

Tony.

email (option): tony-wilkinson@sky.com

I love hearing about these Singapore bikes. I mentioned the M20's from Singapore in 1957 when I was there in REME 40 Base Wkshops.
Well guess what ? I was back there with Royal Signals in 1966 (237 Signal Sqn) and 1971, (19th Signal Regt), did my army licence test on a WM20. What would be the chances it was the same bike ? I actually joined in 1956 (Parachute Regt), moved to REME for medical reason, then transferred to Signals 1965 until 1972. Luckiest squaddie in the army, I had 3 overseas postings, all in Singapore/Malaya.
Baz

email (option): binnawan@iinet.net.au

apparently mine was sent to Singapore on 31/7/1963 and somehow it ended up here in Canada

https://hosting.photobucket.com/images/zz246/ecose1/zzz_082.JPG

email (option): taybrig@shaw.ca

Well that didnt work as intended, its the link instead of a photo and its the wrong photo lol
ill try again

https://hosting.photobucket.com/images/zz246/ecose1/wm20_214a.jpg

my bike is 5551221 and on the right it has Singapore and the date sent, 1963

There's rebuild and rebuild plates, here's one from 1945, a lot of 1940 G3WO's were already rebuild during the war, as they were in service since 1940, on mine I painted the rebuild number on the tank, it starts with C14, like all rebuilt bikes.

Cheers,

Lex

email (option): welbike@welb**e.net

Nieuwe pagina 1