The WD Motorcycle forum

WD Motorcycle forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Gearbox issue

Update

Got all the bits now and changed several parts for new ones ,as the guy that did it mixed up the fixed lay shaft cog and main shaft cog so it's grinded down with not fitting correct the other cogs he put in thinking it was correct , he replaced a brass bush on the lay shaft but it had no spacer so was wrong, so the lay shaft had 10mm slack so that was moving around and has worn a hole in the case and mashed up a spacer on the main shaft Good job I had a spare case. The dogs and forks had over 20 thou clearance so not selecting the gears , selector pins both worn and the guides had worn faces so wouldn't slide . New parts 300 notes but it's all in correct factory tolerances now. So for the last 5 days of messing around and swearing a lot it now works lovely, so just need to fix it . Thanks for the help and the pdf I would of been lost without it. Let's hope I don't meet the guy that rebuilt anytime soon .

email (option): chriscool@sky.com

Re: Gearbox issue

Hi Woody,
good to hear that you got it sorted.
I have done a few of these boxes now but when I started I too would have been lost without the information on this site and the kind help of the contributors.
thanks again to everyone
Cheers
Pete

email (option): petercomley@web.de

Nieuwe pagina 1