Questions? Looking for parts? Parts for sale? or just for a chat,

The WD Motorcycle forum

WD Motorcycle forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: WM20 Brake shoes

Charlie, I don't know where you are but I'd say that is rather steep pricing for brake shoes. You don't need the 'correct' linings, a proper brake repair shop will select the correct material from sheet stock and bond them on, a much more efficient process than riveting. Here in the UK try Villiers Services in Birmingham. I have had a couple of sets done by them recently and I'm very pleased. And under half the price you quoted!
REgards, Mark

Bonding linings to M20 shoes can be problematic. Some M20 shoes have a zinc content and several of us have had distorted shoes from the heat during the bonding process. Better that they are riveted or entrusted to a firm like https://saftek.co.uk/ who understand the problem and have a safe way of bonding them. Ron

email (option): ronpier@talk21.com

Thanks guys,
I thought the price was very high. Not sure why he is asking so much. I do have to ask if he bonds or rivets.
Thanks again

email (option): cbhaws@verizon.net

Charlie Haws
Thanks guys,
I thought the price was very high. Not sure why he is asking so much. I do have to ask if he bonds or rivets.
Thanks again
HE is probably using asbestos linings and included the price of safe disposal of your old linings.
a friends son is a demolisher and he told me a while back that a fibro / plaster board house is nearly twice as expensive to demolish as a double brick house because of the asbestos .
The brake shop where I get mine done charges $ 70 ( Aus ) per wheel

Nieuwe pagina 1