Thanks Pete will have a look at it.

Tim I'm just in York .

email (option): chriscool@sky.com

Re: Gearbox issue

Woody,
Sent you a PM, check your mail.

Tim W

I have opened up the box and the main problem was a bush that was fitted hasn't had a outer lip on it so the lay shaft gear was rubbing on the case and hitting the main shaft the fling washer that also fitted in the wrong place against the outer case and spinning it round when one of the gears on the lay shaft has been hitting it. The lay shaft had over 7mm movement, no wonder it was not selecting 1st and only 2nd now and again. Then just caused a cat scared of of poorly missing gears in the gearbox along with very poor craftsman ship from someone who's meant to be an engineer .

I've managed to come across a few parts what I need that I'm missing luckily I had another box that was in pieces and I've rummage through that and found the odd part I need but I'm missing these if anyone has any please let me know.

Spring clip to hold gear indecator on

24-4241 lay shaft bush

24-4235 oil fling washer

24-4236 oil retaining washer

24-4237 mainstay distancing washer

Update

Got all the bits now and changed several parts for new ones ,as the guy that did it mixed up the fixed lay shaft cog and main shaft cog so it's grinded down with not fitting correct the other cogs he put in thinking it was correct , he replaced a brass bush on the lay shaft but it had no spacer so was wrong, so the lay shaft had 10mm slack so that was moving around and has worn a hole in the case and mashed up a spacer on the main shaft Good job I had a spare case. The dogs and forks had over 20 thou clearance so not selecting the gears , selector pins both worn and the guides had worn faces so wouldn't slide . New parts 300 notes but it's all in correct factory tolerances now. So for the last 5 days of messing around and swearing a lot it now works lovely, so just need to fix it . Thanks for the help and the pdf I would of been lost without it. Let's hope I don't meet the guy that rebuilt anytime soon .

Hi Woody,
good to hear that you got it sorted.
I have done a few of these boxes now but when I started I too would have been lost without the information on this site and the kind help of the contributors.
thanks again to everyone
Cheers
Pete

email (option): petercomley@web.de

Nieuwe pagina 1