WD Motorcycle forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Trailer Queens

...I spotted one this week.:stuck_out_tongue:

OLYMPUS-DIGITAL-CAMERA

Re: Trailer Queens

Sound common sense, certainly at my age.

When I was young it was great fun setting off for a fortnight away carrying everything you need on your bike, Chris Davies used to call us "saddle tramps", but now I need a chair, food, booze, buckets of medication, pillows and lots of other essentials.

Rob

email (option): robmiller11(a)yahoo.co.uk

Me too:smiley: Although still haven't completely given up the idea of motorcycle camping. Ron
G-1102
M20-462M20-464

email (option): ronpier@talk21.com

Actually, I had teased Nick that I was going to post the trailer photo....In fact, he brought his bike here last Friday and we set off in BEF kit on Saturday doing a series of 'Then & Nows' from the furthest forward BEF positions this side of Leuven to the sea at De Panne (and back again, of course). We stayed two nights at Talbot House in Poperinge which was quite special. We covered just over 450 trouble-free miles with the two bikes on what turned out to be quite a wet trip.

image00048

image00053

Haha, you basterd! Just spotted your post.

I regret so mutch i didn’t make a photo of the 16H cramped into the Berligno🤭

Oh and I just spotted the 2 pounder. Would you believe.....Mine was made by BSA. :yum: Ron

DSCF1748

email (option): ronpier@talk21.com

When I went to Dover ? It's been done ! I've saved you the trouble :grinning:

Berlingo

...and here's Nick's bike after he parked it on the beach at De Panne and we went for a drink...

Duinkerke

image00077

We had a cracking tour....great riding and good company, with enough recognisable landmarks from the 1940 Flanders campaign to keep us focussed.

This was Asse where 15/19th Hussars effectively entered an ambush after Belgian troops on the right flank withdrew early. Neither Montgomery who was commanding 3 Div (of which 15/19H was Divisional Cavalry) nor Alanbrooke commanding 2 Corps ever admitted responsibility for this disaster.

Gemeenteplein-Joined

We had a spot of assistance from the local Police in stopping traffic so that we could line up the next image...

image00029-b

145-J136-2

The casualty lies buried in Asse. A Bombardier from an Anti-Tank regiment.

image00036-2

Brilliant pictures, but I notice you didn't show full commitment in the middle of the road.

Rob

email (option): robmiller11(a)yahoo.co.uk

Haha, yes, I would have "kicked the bike over"

Great stuff guys!

Lex

email (option): welbike@welb**e.net

I dare say the watching policeman would have written a ticket and we'd have ended up with a bill from the fire brigade for hosing down the road surface !

Nieuwe pagina 1