Questions? Looking for parts? Parts for sale? or just for a chat,

The WD Motorcycle forum

WD Motorcycle forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Triumph breathing issue

Yes Jon. Barrel and head off today and all that I've found is that the ring gaps have increased from the 12 thou I set them at to about 25 thou .....In only about 200 miles. Where can I buy good quality rings? These came from reputable "Cox & Turner" So it seems, not all their vast stock is up to mustard. Ron

email (option): ronpier@talk21.com

What size bore is it Ron?..Ian

email (option): ian@wright52.plus.com

54mm Ian. Ainsley has just checked it and honed the bore again for new rings. It's within under 1 thou within it's length. Ron

Would it be worth contacting Omega Pistons ? They helped me out a few years ago with circlips and rings on a MHR Ducati I was rebuilding which had their pistons fitted. My G3l has rings from Cox and Turner, it has done about 800 miles since I rebuilt it. Think I'd better check them out as part of the job...

What we have deduced is that the rings are worn down more on the ends and it's suggested by C&T that maybe they supplied me with oversize rings instead of standard? (correct rings coming)

My other though which I'd appreciate feedback on, is that since my engine breather was not working, ie fully open on the upstroke as well as the downstroke.....Would that reduce the oil mist being sucked up the bore by the vacuum on the upwards stroke by a working breather flap valve?? (The breather is working properly now). Ron

Nieuwe pagina 1