Questions? Looking for parts? Parts for sale? or just for a chat,

The WD Motorcycle forum

WD Motorcycle forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: First Big Re-enactment of the year

I survived the weekend. I am part of the First Infantry Division. We had many tanks in attendance this year. Lots has been going on over here during Covid. Two new WWII museums are set to open near Gettysburg PA.
Both of these gentlemen have spent millions putting together collections. Each will have space for re-enacting. The focus of their museums are tanks and other large equipment. They also have everything else.
All the way down to a flying flea.
WWII will be remembered and the men and women who made the sacrifice. Blessings to you folks in the ETO. I visited Normandy 3 years ago, be back soon.
To bad I can’t figure out how to post pictures.

email (option): cbhaws@verizon.net

Charlie
There have of course been other military goings on in the Gettysburg area over the years. How are the battlefield parks bearing up these days?

Hello Bob,
Looks like the Gettysburg events are canceled. We have a President that is afraid of his own shadow. Many other events are going on as scheduled. We spent the winter in Florida. There were almost no restrictions all winter. Restaurants were open and doing a brisk business. Funny how one state let people be free to do what they wanted while my home state of New Jersey is still not totally open for business.

I almost died from Covid it caught in New Jersey last September. I took every precaution, mask, eye protection, gloves and still cough a bad case. 9 months later and I am not fully recovered. I have lung damage.
I got my shots last March/April and now see no reason to conduct business as normal.

I will be interesting to track any spikes in Covid in Pennsylvania after the BIG WWII weekend.

You guys in the ETO follow the best science for your area. I believe here in the US it is over for summer at least.

Damn ... I really wanted to go to the Reading Show but I had a family thing I had to attend. The Gettysburg museums sound like they will be great... My WM20 might be running by the time they are rolling.. Maybe I can roll up to the front door on it.... One can dream... Posting pictures is easy... Get to it ... We wanna see the event

email (option): wadeschields@mindspring.com

I have tried posting pictures and failed every time.
I guess at 74 I need step by step Instructions.

There are a number of great events in the surrounding areas. As the new museums come on line near Gettysburg there will be great shows this fall.

Oh by the way there are 100’s of photographs and video of The Reading event on YouTube. I even show up in a few.

Charlie,

Send me some pictures, and I'll post them, send them to Jeff&Jae, and I'll get them.

Lex

email (option): welbike@welb**e.net

I will get working on it. Do you want any video? Lots of tanks this year with dismounted troopers parading around.
Jae took a million pictures and has been posting them on Facebook.
Man was it hot this year. I saw the rescue squads treated 81 people. I got hauled out in the bed of a weapons carrier on Saturday afternoon. Still have not recovered from a severe Covid attack from last September. Nothing serious and I back in action all day Sunday.

Nieuwe pagina 1