Questions? Looking for parts? Parts for sale? or just for a chat,

The WD Motorcycle forum

WD Motorcycle forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Inner chaincase sliding plate

Is there an approved method of setting up the inner chaincase sliding plate? My manual barely mentions it. I've set mine up so it doesn't flap around & is an easy sliding fit on the felt ring. Seems obvious, the reason I'm posting is that on another forum I've seen advice to adjust the primary chain & then secure the sliding plate firmly.

Re: Inner chaincase sliding plate

The plate has to be free to slide so that it can move as you adjust the chain. Ron

email (option): ronpier@talk21.com

Hi Ron
That's right, the plate has to be free to slide & mine is. It'll find its own optimum position & no doubt sit there. I can't see any point in securing it, plus it would be a complete bastard of a job to do.

There is absolutely no doubt that the plate should move...I set mine up in much the same way as you have, loose enough to move freely but not rattling about...
The plate has to move when the primary chain is adjusted and it would take a contortionist with magic spanners to loosen it and then to tighten it again afterwards...:laughing: ....Ian

email (option): ian@wright52.plus.com

Ian, you'd need those magic spanners plus X ray vision to get at the nuts behind the case.

Beware of 'experts' on forums...['For every 100 experts there's one expert'...].Personally I wouldn't believe a word I say...Ian:laughing:

email (option): ian@wright52.plus.com

Nieuwe pagina 1