Questions? Looking for parts? Parts for sale? or just for a chat,

The WD Motorcycle forum

WD Motorcycle forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Supplier of original WM20 oil lines.

Hi, Les from Russell’s informs me he sold all his original oil lines to a Dutch chap. There seems to be a language barrier, the Derbyshire dialect is difficult for a Londoner to decipher, it seems! I also don’t want to be a pain to Les, as I’m sure he deals with lots of phone calls.
Does anyone have any original oil lines, or just the fittings for sale. Or know which Dutch man bought Les’ stock please?
Les mentioned that his were the type with a ferrule at one end and a clamp the other. Ian Wright had mentioned these in another chat about oil lines and I wondered if anyone had a photo please? I’ve only seen pics of the two ferrule type.
Thanks,
Tim.

email (option): timmykins@icloud.com

Re: Supplier of original WM20 oil lines.

Tim these are the hoses I got from Les. Ron
DSCF3767

email (option): ronpier@talk21.com

Hi Ron, thanks very much for those pics. I may be able to replicate those with modern parts. It would be nice to find originals though.

email (option): timmykins@icloud.com

The 5/16" hose should be easy and the 1/4 bsp nuts and tails are available from firms like Green spark plug co, Vintage Supplies, and probably Ebay. Then hunt down brass ferrules.(I might have some?) Not sure if those exact hose clips are available or have to be made, or what crimping tool is required to give that same effect...... Stuart Bray did have some complete NOS oil lines.

https://www.vintagecarparts.co.uk/products/ca826-container-flexible-hose-fittings

Ron

PS. Stuart still has the complete crimped sets.

https://www.stuart-bray-motorcycles.co.uk/parts/bsa-wm20-spares/n-o-s-oil-feed-return-pipe-assembly-x2-66-8406/

Ron

Hi,

I have an original set. 1 is nos the other 1 is used, I will dig them up this weekend and post a few photos.

I am located in the Netherlands.

Regards,
Bastiaan

email (option): wdmotorcycles@gmail.com

Some replicas could easily be made up for a lot less money!..I've done them myself in the past..Ian

email (option): ian@wright52.plus.com

Yep I made mine and I think the ferrules where some that you machined to length Ian. I never bothered crimping them, I used hose that was a good fit on the tube and squeezed the ferrules on with a dab of silicon sealer. They've never leaked in all these years. Ron

M20-278

Nieuwe pagina 1