Questions? Looking for parts? Parts for sale? or just for a chat,

The WD Motorcycle forum

WD Motorcycle forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Indian petrol tanks

I've had and fitted a number of Indian tanks for BSAs (M and B Series)....Generally I've been happy with them. The last one I had I fitted to my 1951 rigid B33 (less than 12 months ago). All the threads were correct, in the right places and the overall shape was good...I didn't use a tank liner and it doesn't leak..I had to spend a few minutes (literally) with a file dressing the 'cams' where the bayonet petrol cap fitted to get a smooth action...Also I had to slightly ease one of the holes in the front mounting brackets....I bought the tanks in the 'Raw' state and wouldn't bother to buy a plated one for a civvy model as the chroming usually looks good but doesn't last (there's no copper or nickel under it in my experience)...

All in all pretty much as good a product as you would buy anywhere I would say and all the BSA tanks I've had (4 or 5) for the models detailed have been the same...However, I have had a pre war Triumph speed Twin tank as well and that was appalling and more or less unusable...No doubt there are multiple suppliers and manufacturers as detailed at length by Trevor so I can only give you my impressions of the tanks I've had, which didn't all come from the same seller at least...

I think the 'Indian' tanks for B & M Models represent fairly good value and whilst not perfect they are a viable substitute for the increasingly rare original tanks...Ian

email (option): ian@wright52.plus.com

You are correct, your information is of little use. I do not understand your reference to me thinking all Indians are the same. I just asked the question as some Indian made parts are junk but I am sure some are very good.

I just wanted some information and advice, that is all.

Tony.

email (option): tony-wilkinson@sky.com

looks like the indians are the cowboys :grinning:

Nieuwe pagina 1