Questions? Looking for parts? Parts for sale? or just for a chat,

The WD Motorcycle forum

WD Motorcycle forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Gearbox oil leaks

And definately no thickening agents or anti leak addatives lest you end up learning the fine art of rebuilding BSA horseshoe gear boxes.

According to the speedo, this box has done about 40 thousand miles in 22 years or so. I have a rebuilt one to replace it with so that'll go in & I hope it leaks less. The old one will get a sealed bearing.

I quoted an incorrect number for that gearbox bearing...It should be 6207 2RS...NOT 6205 2RS...Sorry!....Ian

email (option): ian@wright52.plus.com

Thanks for the correction Ian.
While we're here, another question. The sliding plate on my inner chaincase has one open & one closed slot to accommodate the securing bolts.
Parts lists show open slots on both ends so I can't get an idea from them. Which end of the plate, open or closed, should face which way? I can't see that it makes any difference but perhaps I've just had a boy's look.

M20-475

Thanks Ron!

Because I was trained in engineering sciences I look for anything that can go wrong.
SO when I do mine the closed end goes to the back lest a thrown chain possibly pick up the open end.
I also fit a loose nylon tube over the spacer tube to prevent a loose or collapsed chain eating through the steel

Nieuwe pagina 1