Questions? Looking for parts? Parts for sale? or just for a chat,

The WD Motorcycle forum

WD Motorcycle forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Fuel pipes

Help...just bought original fuel pipes for my m20 but when I tried to fit the carb Union (large ferral) was OK.. but the unions to the petrol taps on the nose pipe are small. So... are the taps wrong, or should there be an adaptor... or are the 'original pipes' for another model? Thanks for any help!

email (option): richiewhite765@gmail.com

Re: Fuel pipes

Richie the original M20 taps were 1/8th BSP. By now most of the adapters in the tank have been changed or drilled and tapped to accept the more readily available 1/4 BSP taps.

Your options are :- replace the adapters and taps with 1/8 BSP or simply re-solder 1/4 BSP nipples with 1/4 nuts to your pipe......Usually available from firms like "Vintage Supplies" and " The Green Spark Plug Co" Ron

email (option): ronpier@talk21.com

Thanks Ron that gives me something to work with.

If it has Enots push-pull taps, isn't it possible to dismantle and simply swap the lower section for a 1/8" BSP tail ?

Quite right Rik. But then you've got to find the 1/8" taps for the parts to start with. Ron

In a normal jumble time, Ron, damaged fuel taps are around. People don't bother to put them on eBay though. I only have 1/4" Norton stuff so I can't help.

I could check my box of tap spares. I might have some 1/8 parts. Ron

That would be a great help if possible Ron, it seems a shame to cut about original pipes.

I spent a good 45 minutes, rummaging and checking threads and came up with four of the lower 1/8th Enots fittings.....(Some variations). I would sell them as a lot for £20 +£3 post. Ron

DSCF3690-2

Yes please Ron, what's the best way to proceed?

Send me an email with your address and I'll reply. Ron

Nieuwe pagina 1