Questions? Looking for parts? Parts for sale? or just for a chat,

The WD Motorcycle forum

WD Motorcycle forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Contract number

Hi its been a while since my last visit house renovation has taken up most of my time anyway I know a young lady who has just got into ww2 bikes and I know this sight is only for bsa's she has just brought a 350 sv Enfield. I have asked various Enfield sight to point her in the right direction but got nowhere her bike was commandeered for war service and has the contract number of C16405 I would be grateful if anyone could help either get me onto the correct website or even shed a little light on hetC number thank in advance

email (option): Garypitt@talktalk.net

Re: Contract number

From where does the number C16405 come ? Is it stamped on the engine ? It may be a WD Serial ('Census') number from a miscellaneous batch, but as far as I can tell, there was never a Ministry of Supply purchase contract with this number.

It sometimes causes confusion that both motorcycle WD Serials and most early contracts begin with a letter 'C'.

The whole point though about the 'Impressed' or 'Local Purchase' vehicles is that there was no purchase contract number. These machines were bought under a bulk authorisation....they were not confiscated from their owners but generally purchased from manufacturer and dealer stocks, although there were appeals for owners to sell their vehicles to dealers for this purpose.

Hello Gary,

This is the WD Motorcycles Forum, for all makes, not only for the BSA models...

As you may know, I'm the Registrar for the WD Royal Enfield models. If you send me some pictures of the complete bike, and of the frame number and the various numbers on the engine, I'm sure I will be able to tell you a lot more about this bike.

REgards,
Jan

email (option): wd.register@gmail.com

Thank you I'm just waiting for her response

email (option): Garypitt@talktalk.net

Nieuwe pagina 1