Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
More WO pamphlets

From Keith Chandler to add his own text. Ron

DSCN2535

email (option): ronpier@talk21.com

Re: More WO pamphlets

Firstly my sincere thanks to Ron Pier for acting as my postman. I have been having a rummage through various bookshelves and files and rediscovered these a few days ago which I thought may be of interest.

The Data Book of "B" and RASC Vehicles is a part photocopy I was sent in the 1970s related to the machines listed on the front cover.

The Booklet entitled 'Training of Motorcyclists' is an original booklet dated September 1939.

The Booklet entitled 'Mechanical Vehicles - Preparation for Transport by Land Sea and Subsequent Movement' is an original booklet dated December 1938 perhaps indicating some preparation for the outbreak of war.

The Booklet entitled 'B' Vehicle Nomenclature 1945 is an original booklet dated 30th November 1944 and interestingly lists the Excelsior Motor-Cycle Folding as Obsolete (assumed to be the Welbike)- also noted as obsolete are the Norton Motor-Cycle Combination Box Body together with BSA, Indian and Norton Motor-Cycle Combination Side-Car.

Finally in this selection the Booklet entitled 'Instructions for the Repair, Replacement and Disposal of 'B' Vehicles (including Motor-Cycles) at Home 1944 - Booklet dated 12th April 1944. This is also an original booklet

I have a lot of these type of Booklets from WW2 or just before and thought I would post these to see if there is any general interest,

Please note they are NOT FOR SALE but if a few folk are interested in this sort of information perhaps they could add or comment accordingly.

email (option): keithchandler@clistandchandler.co.uk

Hello Keith
I like this sort of material as well, I think most of what I have is already pretty cheaply available from Rob van Meel's website, I certainly loaned him quite a few.

The problem is that quite often one of these only has a few pages on motorcycles so having complete scan often just means you can't find what you need when you need it, recently I read a section in a Home Guard book/pamphlet which stated that locks were being fitted to metal tool boxes so Home Guard Commanders could lock away their secret files, I cannot find it again.

I, Steve S and others have started threads on here before but its all drifted down the list now.

Rob

email (option): robmiller11(a)yahoo.co.uk

I pick up early (1939 / 1940) bits and pieces if I see them. The 1940 BEF instructions differ little from the 1939 Standing Orders. Presumably printed overseas due to the need. They're meant to be carried at all times, presumably so that a driver committing an offence had no excuse.

Nice as they are to have, they don't contain much in the may of elightenment, except to the 1930s military mindset.

Standing-Orders

Rik
I pick up early (1939 / 1940) bits and pieces if I see them. The 1940 BEF instructions differ little from the 1939 Standing Orders. Presumably printed overseas due to the need. They're meant to be carried at all times, presumably so that a driver committing an offence had no excuse.

Nice as they are to have, they don't contain much in the may of elightenment, except to the 1930s military mindset.

Pretty cool thing to have though

email (option): wadeschields@mindspring.com

I thought that the 'C' in OCD stood for 'Compulsive'. It never occured to me that it stood for 'Cool'....I'm not sure that's how most of the world regards yellowing eighty-year-old paperwork :grinning:

As an accompaniment to BEF GHQ Pamphlet No. 12, I know have No.13, 'Road Discipline and Traffic Control' too.

Cover

"Obsessive Cool Disorder" I like it, I'll always think of OCD as that now!

Nieuwe pagina 1