Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Forum picture

What a picture!!
Thanks

email (option): cbhaws@verizon.net

I believe that there was a ammeter in the tank panel right side also a light on the left side, which came on with the lights but could be pulled up and swivelled to see other gauges, interesting to see the carrier with one bar across similar to the ones I am selling, mounted on the mudguard. Ron the number plates, as I remember were always this way round, I believe it was the army that change them to an elongated version to accommodate the numbering system ie two letters two numbers and two letters, keeping the whole thing neater.

Regards TTJohn

email (option): Jomichael@aol.com

Indeed a wonderfull picture - apain.
Although it is a shame these bikes, rare early models, were treated that way.

I guess some forum members would LOVE to take a look at that field, haha.
To think these bikes must have been almost new when the picture was taken, probably early in the war.

Definitely 1940 Michel. Vehicles destroyed and abandoned by our retreating troops at Dunkirk. Ron

email (option): ronpier@talk21.com

Rick, thank you for the information! I have just looked in O&M and found the impressed c-numbers.

The frame and engine I have for this project are from October and November 1939, both WM20, 4 digit numbers and both part of a War Office contract. Not fully correct to use them for a impressed M20, but I have an original balloon paneltank which I really want to use on a M20 project. The balloon paneltank was on a KM20 I found in an old garage 30 minutes North of Calais. Unfortunately the frame and engine number from that KM20 were not original anymore.

email (option): wdmotorcycles@gmail.com

So many things to see in this photo - I have downloaded it to study on my big screen
😬
Jo’b

email (option): jonnyob1@googlemail.com

Bastiaan...Nothing at all recoverable in terms of original engine and frame numbers ? I have an ex-Police contact in the UK who may be able to 'bring back' the originals.

Rick...no the frame number was really butchered. I kept the paneltank and carb from that KM20 and sold the rest to Michiel. He used most of the parts to complete another KM20 project.

Hereby a photo of the same pile of paneltank KM20's but from a slightly different angle and another photo of a few paneltank M20's with T-batteries.

Dunkirque-001

La-Panne

email (option): wdmotorcycles@gmail.com

Nieuwe pagina 1