Questions? Looking for parts? Parts for sale? or just for a chat,

The WD Motorcycle forum

WD Motorcycle forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Triumph 3HW contract S6680 parts list request

Has anyone got a copy of this parts list? My 3HW is from this contract and I'd like to see if I have all the right parts on it. Clearly I'm prepared to pay a fee for a photocopy, or I will buy your original or do a trade for it against with a parts list/hand book from my collection (any make).

email (option): orchard_c@sky.com

Re: Triumph 3HW contract S6680 parts list request

I mailed you a copy of the 3 HW partslist book

success

have a look at http://tdvma.blogspot.com/search/label/merk%20Triumph

lots of pictures of my 3HW restoration ,this will be more useful I think

regards

ruud

email (option): ruud.klaui@gmail.com

If you want an NOS Lycett drivers seat or an NOS Lycett Pillion seat, I have several.
In the States mate. You wouldn't happen to have a complete set of WD G3L engines cases would you?

email (option): britool51@hotmail.com

What are you asking for the pillion seat? Sorry no G3L cases. I only keep a few running spares for my G3L.

Thanks. I'll have a look at your photos.

Triumph wartime parts books are not that very well illustrated,also it seems by looking through them not updated all the time as well,some times looking at old photos is the only way to see some of the changes that were made,below is an original parts book from contract S6680 and some off the pages from it where changes took place from the earlier parts books.

below an air cleaner was supplied to the last two contracts.

below the late type lighting was fitted from the engine number shown on the pages below.

below the front mud guard stays were also made longer on the last contracts H422 is the later part number for the lower stay,but they still use the same part number H332SW mudguard front in all the parts books even though the riveted upright must also have been longer.

below higher mudguard clearance on late models.

below oil pump cover also changed back to alloy on the last contract part no E485.

Below late model with alloy oil pump cover,also gear box and primary chain case filler plugs also look to have gone back to alloy.

below rider and pillion saddles also changed on the late models.

Below saddle on this photo looks similar to the one on my 45 model,handlebar controls on this photo also look like the pressed steel type as fitted to some Matchless models,in the parts book they are 7/8 inch with BSA part numbers.

also in the later parts book the front brake cable is listed as 18 1/2 inch with BSA bars,against 16 inch with the earlier 1 inch bars,other cables are also slightly longer as well.

This is the 33019 regulator, with the Triumph / Norton clip fixing. The contemporary BSA item with the lugs was 33015...but I have some covers similarly dated marked 33020. I'm not clear what they were fitted to.

1943-7-43-33019-A-L32

hd logo pics

Hi Rik, the only reference that I can find at the moment to the part number 33020, is in a motorcycle accessories catalogue dated 1949 of A J SANDERS, CORPORATION STREET BIRMINGHAM, is under regulators. 33018 MCR1 L31 flat fixing lead acid. Replaces 33020 and 390706.
33053 MCR1 L4 Clip fixing lead acid. Replaces 390704.

All the Triumph 3HW parts books I have(5),all have the 33019 part number.

Hi Rik, have found some further information, 33020 is the part number for the regulator in Ariel WNG parts books, also found a loose paper sheet in the back of the 1940 BSA blue cover parts book which is actually Norton which has regulator part number as 390706,there's some other loose sheets in the back but are all bsa M20 & WC10.

Thanks for all the info. My own 3HW is a late one that should have the push button headlamp and Vokes (3HW 680??), some 1500 past the 400000 motorcycle. It seems I've a fair bit to check out. The previous owner managed to trace back its history to the first owner, who bought it crated after the war. He painted it black and rode it around Europe. It was registered in Cheltenham, Gloucester.

Hello guys,
I am looking for the same S6680 parts list.
Anyone can help me with a pdf file?
I got one but many reference numbers are missing :(

I am looking to know the Lycett saddle type and others parts.

email (option): Info.andreamazzoni@gmail.com

Nieuwe pagina 1