Comment
Replacement rubber components

Hi
I am looking for quality replacement rubber components-
Kickstart
Gear change
Clutch arm cover
Tank side rubbers

There is quite a lot of soft rubber rubbish out there at the moment - not all from abroad either ! I want to buy decent stuff
Kickstart rubbers I bought of late have been more than useless

Any recommendations ?
Br
Jo’b

email (option): jonnyob1@googlemail.com

Re: Replacement rubber components

I just purchased some rubber parts from Jeff Hunter for my 1926 Francis Barnett and was very happy with them.

email (option): msawicki@fsu.edu

Yup, I'd second that. Go to The Rubber Man.

email (option): cmmacd@hotmail.co.uk

I googled "the rubber man"...that was a mistake! :flushed:

Thanks guys
Am really looking for alternatives to “normal” sources
Bring on the autojumbles again !
Jo’b

I used a non 'scripted' Triumph kick start rubber on my Goldie made by L F Harris...They are considerably more serviceable than the softer ones you describe, which are generally available...Ian

email (option): ian@wright52.plus.com

It's all about the tooling, my old supplier that could produce "anything" has got stupidly expensive. Some things I could hand mould with polyurethane cheaper!
I've found a local supplier that claims to offer all the standard grades and materials. With a quick turn around too. If you have tooling that fits their machines. They can get tooling made, but it can take a couple of years.
The first job I will make tooling for is the BSA unit single clutch pellets. Most are not oil tolerant. The ones I was having made got so expensive it was embarrassing to sell them. So we stopped.

email (option): pes.sales@btconnect.com

Hi All

thanks you for suggestions

Ian, I will look at your suggestion at a kickstart rubber, I am fed up of poor quality rubber splitting after a short period of use - the durability of this component in particular is not good and very soft for the job its supposed to undertake

Also looking for recommendation on tank knee grips, those I have seen of late have poor definition and cannot justify their price, its almost with buying older used versions and trying to clean these up
Br
Jo'B

The 'Hunter Engineering' knee grip rubbers have good definition, fit the backing plates well and are the ones I've always chosen to buy to date....
I must admit though, I've never bought two pairs at the same price and they are now an expensive, maybe over expensive product for what is involved...Ian

email (option): ian@wright52.plus.com

John

All other rubber parts aside, I used a short length of reinforced rubber hose with an ID appropriate to the OD of the kick start lever. Bought it a the local hardware store. Soak the hose in hot water, and it slips on easily. Mine is still working OK after 5 years. I'm not one for restoration perfection, so this works fine for me.

Good luck

Dave

email (option): dwdiak4@gmail.com

Nieuwe pagina 1