Questions? Looking for parts? Parts for sale? or just for a chat,

The WD Motorcycle forum

WD Motorcycle forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
DU142F blackout

Can anyone post pictures of the correct lucas blackout cover, also what is the part number please?
Many thanks
Scott

email (option): LarkesrATgeeemil.com

Re: DU142F blackout

Here are two I have. The first one had a Norton part number painted on it but I have no idea what the Lucas part number was and I don't think it would help in finding one anyway.
DSCF1041
MTO2

MTO1-2

But the easier option was what they did earlier, was just a piece of black manila card with a half circle hole in the middle, Ron

G3-014

email (option): ronpier@talk21.com

Thanks Ron, is that a brass rivet of some kind providing a pilot light effect ?
Scott

It's a tiny little window Scott. Even smaller than a fag end. Ron

1/4" eyelet size (ish) in brass cover it?

I'll measure one tomorrow Scott. Ron

I measured that little window as best I can with a metric vernier = 9mm OD 5mm ID.

Ron

Exactly the same size as the Golden Rivet that you showed me, Ron !:grimacing:

Surely that was Henk! Ron

Yes, maybe. I was on a drinking tour in Normandy. :anguished: Anything's possible.

Thanks Ron
Rik, I don’t want to know! 😬😂

email (option): LarkesrATgeeemil.com

A quickie

Are repro black out mask available ?

DU42 6" masks are usually available (Ebay and others) The ones I've seen are remarkably good considering their origin. Never seen 8" repro masks. Ron

Hi Ron,
Finally getting round to the nice to haves, could you please tell me the distance from each end of the hood the centre of the rivet (converting a car version).
Cheers
Scott

Scott the distance from the edge of the hood to the centre of the little port hole is 3 1/2".

I recently acquired this other BO mask which doesn't have the port hole or the rivet in the top and is stamped "Lucas Type OS" Otherwise it's outwardly exactly the same as my others, But I can't find a picture of the internals of my others. Could this be a civilian type Bike/Car/Truck? Ron

DSCF6237
DSCF6238

Thanks go that Ron, that is exactly what I am working with, local shoe repair guy is going to sort me out with the brass rivet/eyelet for a couple of quid! Just need to drill the hole! Will pop round your place in Normandy to pick up me hat on the Monday afternoon if you plan on being around?

Make it late afternoon or evening Scott, we might be out on a ride. Ron

Nieuwe pagina 1