Questions? Looking for parts? Parts for sale? or just for a chat,

The WD Motorcycle forum

WD Motorcycle forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Spay gun nozzle query...

Thanks for the replies...My old Devilbiss gun was fitted with a 1.4mm nozzle and I always had problems with filler primer.. The 'filler' part didn't apply by the time I'd thinned it enough to be able to spray well...Filler primer (synthetic) should only be thinned by 10% according to the manufacturer....

I recently bought a new Devilbiss gun and took the 1.8mm nozzle option for that reason...I'll be having a go with that shortly and the first job is priming....Saying that I haven't checked the air cap or needle in either gun so I don't know what's fitted....However, both retain their original factory spec. so I would imagine have the correct combination of parts for general work....

My old gun has done a lot of work and is not performing so well these days...Any opinions on whether a new air cap, needle and nozzle will restore it's performance?...The only maintenance I've ever done is stripping and cleaning it after use...

I may just buy another new gun and keep it for top coat and lacquer application...(I do gloss paintwork as well as 'miitary' finishes)...Ian

email (option): ian@wright52.plus.com

Re: Spay gun nozzle query...

Are the needles different? or does the taper accept whatever the tip orifice size is? The 1.2 tip looks tiny, but I might just try it on top coating the Talflow.

Ian I would think that the only important wearing parts are the nozzle-tip-needle. Ron

email (option): ronpier@talk21.com

Nieuwe pagina 1