The WD Motorcycle forum

WD Motorcycle forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: BEF ROYAL ENFIELD photo.

Its a great story, what a find.

As to original pictures, the original would be the negative from which several or many photographs could be produced, there have been a lot of wartime period photographic prints on ebay of late which pre date the IWM receiving their print in which case these are not covered by IWM copyright as they are not taken from the IWM image, there are also many which are so be careful.

Rob

email (option): robmiller11(a)yahoo.co.uk

Thanks Rob! it's not so much IWM can claim copyright that expired ages ago, but they have some sort of licensing agreement, you have to pay for, but as you say, if you have an original print, as a lot of photo agencies were given out for press releases etc. then you can freely use it, and I will do so in the future, but if you ordered prints from the IWM, there's a big stamp on the back! and I wonder what the source of some Ebay sellers is.

Cheers,

Lex

email (option): welbike@welb**e.net

Hi,
the man sitting on the bike is my late father, lt. Col. Geoffrey John Keating, MC

Do get in touch,
thanks

Rima Keating

email (option): rimakeating@hotmail.co.uk

Hello Rima. I've text Lex about this. He's just left my house, heading back to NL. Ron

email (option): ronpier@talk21.com

Splendid Rima, have tried to contact you via your website many times, but never went through I guess.

I'll email again tonight or tomorrow.

Cheers,

Lex

email (option): welbike@welbike.net

Wonderful news, to have contact with Geoffrey Keating's family, Lex...especially so if there are any surving journals or notes which explain just where and why he was on that RASC Royal Enfield in France in May / June 1940.

Nieuwe pagina 1