Questions? Looking for parts? Parts for sale? or just for a chat,

The WD Motorcycle forum

WD Motorcycle forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
This forum and website are looking for a new webmaster, any volenteers?

This forum and website are looking for a new webmaster, any volunteers?

I had some serious problems with my health in 2019 and I don't seem to fully recover anymore.

The forum has been paid for up to 2023 and the website up to April 2021. All in all it's not really that expensive but if it's not paid for in time it will disappear from your screen.

All the best,
Henk Joore

email (option): ahum@quicknet.nl

Re: This forum and website are looking for a new webmaster, any volenteers?

Personally I'd be very sorry to loose you from running the site Henk, but I fully understand your reasons. I'm not that good with the technical side of computing, But I'm sure we can all chip in to extend the April date. Any idea of the amount required Henk?

Is there another Dutchman who's good with this sort of thing? Michiel W, Lex for instance? Ron

email (option): ronpier@talk21.com

Henk I am so sorry to hear this. I too have been plagued with the Covid aftermath. Now I seem to have nerve damage in addition to the lung issues.
Anyway please let us know the cost. I to will pay up.
This site is to valuable to loose.
Thanks

email (option): cbhaws@verizon.net

Hi Henk, very sorry to hear this, I don't think I'm up to it in lots of ways. Hopefully the right person can be found.

Rob

email (option): robmiller11(a)yahoo.co.uk

Sorry to hear that Henk, but I'm not good at this stuff, my own website has been dormant for over 10 years now, and don't know how to even access it.

All the best for 2021 though!

Lex

email (option): welbike@welb**e.net

Hi Ron,

This is what it costs:

Bravenet website and forum costs $ 120 for 1 year.

Hosting pakket + domein name costs 72 euro for 3 years.

Henk.

email (option): ahum@quicknet.nl

I am sorry that you are giving up. I wish I were good enough to take it on but regards the cost I would be more then willing to chip in to keep the site running.

Henk Joore
Hi Ron,

This is what it costs:

Henk.
Henk would you be willing to accept donations to at least pay for another year from April for the forum? As long as about a dozen of us donate 5 Euros each will cover it! Ron

Also sorry to hear, Henk, not a real surprise as I can imagine this takes a lot of your limited energy and time.

The money won't be the main problem to keep it going...

I am not the right person to run this great forum, it is generally a very friendly forum but it can run out of control and I quickly get morale issues when conflicts appear and will loose sleep over it when I have to judge over that....

Also my interest in WD bikes is M20 only and goes up and down for periods and the forum will need constant attention.

But maybe tasks can be split up.......

Personally I think that you, Ron, are the perfect man to 'run' the forum, you are here every day, your knowledge covers all the marques, you have build up immense respect here and seem be be blessed with a very calm/steady way of posting without upsetting anyone....:relaxed:

Regarding the great website....., it is BSA only which suits my interest......will give it a thought......:+1:

Ron Pier
Henk Joore
Hi Ron,

This is what it costs:

Henk.
Henk would you be willing to accept donations to at least pay for another year from April for the forum? As long as about a dozen of us donate 5 Euros each will cover it! Ron
I visit this forum numerous times a day, and I realise the immense value of it. I know the cash side of things isn't the main issue here, but I'm very happy to chip in €5.

Thank you, Henk, for everything you have done over the years, I hope your health improves.

Hi Henk / all,

I'm happy to contribute to the site costs, and will do.

As others have indicated, you've created something that's really valued and which we can't lose. I'm unable to seek 'master' status (I'm still an M20 student, plus our NHS demands too many hours). However, I'd be willing to share, if one or two others are up for it?

Happy New Year!

My regards,

Craig

email (option): cmmacd@hotmail.co.uk

I would be more than happy to contribute towards keeping this great forum going.

Cheers
Colin

email (option): colin.childs@icloud.com

I agree with the sentiments expressed by others & would be happy to contribute financially.
And best wishes to all those here with health issues.

Like the other, more than happy to committ a few bob.
I will have a look at the Bravenet softwear to see if it is compatiable with my very old mac
Despite HTML being a "universal" platform very few of the hosting sites will allow old macs to run sites as the bulk of them are running Microssloth servers which will not connect properly with any mac let alone old ones.
The NSW BSA club went from a hand coded web page to Wordpress and again despite Wordpress being supposedly OS independent I could not access most of the forum tools .

Echoing others it would work better if the site maintenance was split between a few people .
Firstly I often go motorcycling for a week or more and like a few others I have been down with crippleing RA 3 times this past year and it looks like becoming 4 very shortly .
I suppose we must all be getting older .

email (option): bsansw1@tpg.com.au

This is what I mean about my computer skills! I really have no idea what Trevor is talking about :confused: In the mean time I've donated 5 Euros via the Donate button at the top left of the screen. Just to help keep the kitty topped up for whatever happens in the future. Ron

I can't help with computer skills because I have none. So I've chipped in a 5 Euro donation too.

I was wondering what computer skills you need to run this forum? And I guess the website as well? It needs someone who is knowledgeable in BSA M20's but you don't need to be an expert, as there are plenty of people who chip in and help on the forum.
I've donated a fiver to keep things rolling.

Thanks for all your hard work Henk.

email (option): horror@blueyonder.co.uk

Donated 5 euros

email (option): hibbo1300@gmail.com

Me too

email (option): john.kater@chello.nl

I have tried and tried to donate money to the forum. All I get is the blue circle spinning round but never able to get any further.

I've paid my subs too.

subs paid...I just wish I could help out with the website side of things, but I'm useless at that sort of stuff.

this forum has been a life saver for me, learnt so much! Thanks!!

Donation made.

email (option): pes.sales@btconnect.com

Donated.

email (option): colinmbrindley@btinternet.com

Donation sent as well...Ian

email (option): ian@wright52.plus.com

Also donation done.
Many thanks for all those years henk

Hello can you tell me how to donate I live in US and not good with computers Thank you for a great forum.

email (option): millcrocfarm@gmail.com

At the very top of the forum page on the left hand corner, is a yellow button that says Donate. Click on that and pay with Paypal

email (option): horror@blueyonder.co.uk

Hi Henk, I am really sorry to hear about your health issues and hope that you ultimately make a full recovery. Despite the massive growth of Facebook and other social media you have made this forum the GO TO place for anyone with a serious interest in military motorcycles of any make. There is always genuine help and assistance from very knowledgeable people who are prepared to share their experiences and provide sound advice. Unlike social media sites it is not plagued with people who feel they have to share the full contents of their tiny brains on subjects that they know nothing about. It would be tragic if we lost this knowledge and I do hope that we can find a way for it to carry on. I have made a donation but please let us know how the donations are progressing as I am sure we will all be prepared to put in more money if necessary. Wishing you a very happy and healthy New Year. John T

John Tinley
Hi Henk, I am really sorry to hear about your health issues and hope that you ultimately make a full recovery. Despite the massive growth of Facebook and other social media you have made this forum the GO TO place for anyone with a serious interest in military motorcycles of any make. There is always genuine help and assistance from very knowledgeable people who are prepared to share their experiences and provide sound advice. Unlike social media sites it is not plagued with people who feel they have to share the full contents of their tiny brains on subjects that they know nothing about. It would be tragic if we lost this knowledge and I do hope that we can find a way for it to carry on. I have made a donation but please let us know how the donations are progressing as I am sure we will all be prepared to put in more money if necessary. Wishing you a very happy and healthy New Year. John T
This, and have just donated 10 euros.
Thanks a lot for everything.

email (option): michasteinmann@gmail.com

Horror
At the very top of the forum page on the left hand corner, is a yellow button that says Donate. Click on that and pay with Paypal
Is there another option for those that do not have a Paypal account?

email (option): keithchandler@clistandchandler.co.uk

Keith under the Donate button is the option to pay by credit cards or DD. Ron

Ron Pier
Keith under the Donate button is the option to pay by credit cards or DD. Ron
Thanks Ron that will sort the matter out.

email (option): keithchandler@clistandchandler.co.uk

Donation made :+1:

Henk I just want to say thank you to this site
It was here I decided to buy a wm20
It was your site that found a picture of my bike in ww2
Get well soon
Donation paid and thank you
Regards Steve

Ron Pier
This is what I mean about my computer skills! I really have no idea what Trevor is talking about :confused: In the mean time I've donated 5 Euros via the Donate button at the top left of the screen. Just to help keep the kitty topped up for whatever happens in the future. Ron
What makes you think I do .
I know just enough to be a danger to be me and every one else.

But seriously , Microsloth deliberately write code into their soft wear designed to be difficult for any other platform to work with .
Thus forcing every one to use Microsloth .
When I was running a web site I could only access about 1/3 of the web tools .
When I composed an email and broadcast it from Filemaker ( where I kept the clubs mailing list )( about 1/2 of the members found them either in their trash folder or infected folder despite the fact my computer was clean.

email (option): bsansw1@tpg.com.au

Henk, a big thank for your help and take care off your health.
I don't come here often.
I have given 5 Euros for this excellent forum.

email (option): matrot.sandra@neuf.fr

Hi Henk ,I’m sorry I’m not able to make an IT contribution to this site but am more than willing to make a financial one (which I have) the technical knowledge and general craic on this forum is great and worth a few bob of any ones money , I hope your health stays good and can hopefully improve , money can’t buy that 👍

email (option): Mark.hume35@googlemail.com

I've give it five. Get well soon Henk.

TTJohn

email (option): Jomichael@aol.com

Hi Henk, Donation made, I'm sorry to hear that you are unwell and having to give up the website, best wishes for a speedy recovery. I have found the site to be a great resource, full of information, humour, debate, and sometimes controversy. Yours will be a hard act to follow. I wish the new webmasters the best of luck and look forward to seeing the new site.

Best Wishes Tony.

hi henk
heard you were still not in the best of health; all my best for a recovery..
sub sent ...

email (option): chris dot astin barker at bee tee internet dot com

Hi Henk
Hopping your getting well
I don't have a BSA M20, I ride an ARIEL WNG ex RAF
but I get lots of info for keeping it going from your website
made a donation thanks again
Tony

Really am sorry to hear your still not up to snuff Henk , Just chucked ten euros in the pot hope someone takes it on if not it’s been a blast , kind regards to everyone ,we are in extreme times never experienced before and our hobby may never as life be the same again stay safe folks and hope we all come out the end of the tunnel somewhat sane andrew

Really am sorry to hear your still not up to snuff Henk , Just chucked ten euros in the pot hope someone takes it on if not it’s been a blast , kind regards to everyone ,we are in extreme times never experienced before and our hobby may never as life be the same again stay safe folks and hope we all come out the end of the tunnel somewhat sane andrew

Nieuwe pagina 1