Questions? Looking for parts? Parts for sale? or just for a chat,

The WD Motorcycle forum

WD Motorcycle forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
A Multitude of Questions.

Hello,

I hope you are all safe and well, have had a good Christmas and are looking forward to a better new year.

I look at this group nearly every day and search it for any questions I need answered on my WD bikes so I know I'll be getting educated answers to my questions.

The questions I have are regarding my BSA WM20, frame number 11560, my Ariel WNG frame number 24489 and my Royal Enfield WD/CO frame number 9697.

I have used my British Forces Motorcycles book and hopefully worked out the correct tank numbers for the Ariel and the RE. The BSA records appear incomplete so can't work that one out.

Am I correct in saying the tank number for my Ariel should be C4693637, and for the RE it should be C5107897 ?

Another question I need answering is that when riding the Ariel it appears that neutral is between 2nd and 3rd, then I only have a third gear which I assume is 4th. It feels like I do not have 1st gear and cannot get it.(The lowest gear I can engage feels like second as on hill starts it feels too high and I can continue in that gear for a period of time whilst accelerating) Is this a common fault or am I doing something wrong?

Any help would be greeting appreciated and I thank you in advance for any answers.

Many thanks,

Justin.

email (option): leggy90@tiscali.co.uk

Re: A Multitude of Questions.

Hello Justin,

I am keeping a Register for the WD Royal Enfields. If you send me some pictures of your bike, frame number and engine number, I can send you a lot of information in return.

Regards,
Jan

email (option): wd.register@gmail.com

Thank you, I will Jan.
It's the one Steve Drewitt asked you about the other day for me.
You had already given some info to the people I bought it off.
I'll send you some more photos, any info would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks,
Justin.

Justin. Definitely something wrong with your Ariel box if you only have three gears. I think you will have to investigate. You can leave it in the frame, remove the clutch and pull the whole cluster out if needs be. But I would need to refresh my memory via my service sheets. Have you also checked that you have acceptable gearing regarding the sprockets? Ron

email (option): ronpier@talk21.com

Thanks Ron,

Thanks for the reply.

I'm a complete novice when it comes to these things but I can see I'm going to have to get the workshop manual out and have a look at the box. I've got a spare one so may have a look inside that one first.

I was hoping it might be a simple fix but I can see it might not be.

Many thanks,

Justin.

Nieuwe pagina 1