Questions? Looking for parts? Parts for sale? or just for a chat,

The WD Motorcycle forum

WD Motorcycle forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Saddle cover, shedding

Hi, the bottom of my saddle cover is deteriorating, loosing hair, any tips to fixate/ stop the shedding?

20201211-160955-1

Thanks in advance! BR Michiel

Re: Saddle cover, shedding

I put a sheet of rubber cut to match the cover between the cover and the springs...This also stops contact between the springs and the cover should it get wet, which rusts the springs....

Years back I did have some covers made with the rubber sheet incorporated into the structure of the cover...Ian

email (option): ian@wright52.plus.com

Thanks Ian, I use a piece of carpet for that but rubber might be better.

But fear the shedding goes on and will just end on top of the rubber/carpet. Maybe fixate the hair with some sticky stuff? Glue ?

Try 3M spray on adhesive.

email (option): fuzzyempire@hotmail.com

I cut a piece of HDPE from a plastic milk bottle ( 3 litre ) to cover the springs
Same story as Ian.
Also used to cut a piece of rubber carpet underlay to go between the seat over & the HDPE plate.
This was wrapped in pallet wrapping ( Glad wrap on steroids ) to prevent it getting waterlogged

email (option): bsansw1@tpg.com.au

Thanks for all the suggestions!

I impregnated the hair with spray glue and glued a piece jute over it to prevent future shedding. Together with a piece of fairly hard rubber on the springs it will probably hold out for a while. :+1: :+1:

BR Michiel

Nieuwe pagina 1