Questions? Looking for parts? Parts for sale? or just for a chat,

The WD Motorcycle forum

WD Motorcycle forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Poppy forum photo

Great shot of the M20 in front of the poppy field. Ironically, The Classic Motorcycle of October 2014, page 66, does not include BSA among the "Manufacturers Supplying The War Office". It does state that BSA was among the "other British manufacturers supplying Allied forces abroad ...".
Odd. Seems as though BSA would have been right up there during the Great One.

email (option): btcoop77069@aol.com

Re: Poppy forum photo

More BSA WM20's were supplied than any other make. over 125,000 from memory. Ron

email (option): ronpier@talk21.com

I think Bruce is talking about the Great War Ron... It is a fact that BSA didn't sell large contracts to the British Army, that honour went to Triumph and Douglas, but the French Army must have bought hundreds (thousands...?) of BSAs. There were definitely not as many motorcycles during WW1 as there were in WW2...

Jan

email (option): wd.register@gmail.com

bsa From the 1918 Motorcycle

Ah First World War. That wasn't clear to me! Ron

email (option): ronpier@talk21.com

As a matter of interest who does the bike in the photo belong to and where was the picture taken?...Ian

email (option): ian@wright52.plus.com

Hi Ian,
its my bike and it was taken on D Day at Ver sur Mer the site of the new D Day memorial, President Macron & Theresa May hadn't long left, by the way Ian that primary chaincase I shared with you has arrived from Greece and it's first class.

Alwyn

Nice picture Alwyn, the bike looks good...Glad to hear the cover worked out OK as well....Ian

email (option): ian@wright52.plus.com

Nieuwe pagina 1