Questions? Looking for parts? Parts for sale? or just for a chat,

The WD Motorcycle forum

WD Motorcycle forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Frame number

hi everyone , greetings from Ireland. I've recently purchased an m20 , it has an m21 engine in it that's been fully rebuilt but I need some help on the frame number ,from what i can make out it says KM20 and underneath it has 1702...it also has attachments for a sidecar . I will try attach pics if I can, im hoping to restore it as close to military spec as possible , and I'm almost there , girder front end is only hurdle im having ..thanks for your time
Ken

email (option): kencarroll76@gmail.com

Re: Frame number

Hi Ken
In the irish army records I have seen & those at Pearce street - 1744 is the lowest number KM20 I have noted - but do know they had taken more earlier - I have a crankcase here 611 - which does not appear on records - this came from frame 1670 that I can determine- there are more here who will confirm this for you or correct me

When covid clears enough to travel & I am home again - I need to revisit the library in Dublin to dig deeper into this gap in numbers

It’s a very early 1939 bike it left the factory with engine no km20 667 on 13 February 1939
Some at this time were supplied with panel tank & valenced front & rear mudguards
Drop me a line anytime - have spent quite a bit of time putting together records for irish army m20’
Br
Jo’b

email (option): jonnyob1@googlemail.com

Hi Ken & John,

Email sent re Pearse St Library details.

Brendan.

Hi everyone ,
Firstly let me say thank you for the replies ,
I've just noticed I typed frame number wrong ..it 1720 ....not 1702...so sorry about that .
Ken

email (option): kencarroll76@gmail.com

Hi Ken
I think I have a picture of that bike taken at the Dunboyne Classic festival in 2012. It is in the ledger ZC6 in Pearse St. Library under ZC 7321 with engine number 661, although for some strange reason the bike is recorded with only the engine number but the BSA despatch books give the engine & frame numbers. Despatched 24/2/1939.

email (option): mickwalsh57@mail.com

Nieuwe pagina 1