Questions? Looking for parts? Parts for sale? or just for a chat,

The WD Motorcycle forum

WD Motorcycle forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
WM20 toolbox fixings

Hi all. This topic has been covered before, but photos are no longer viewable...

The toolbox for my WM21 has the rear strap, a single hole in the top, and a hole inside the box toward the front that appears to line up with the mudguard. (The last bit is a guess, because I don't have a mudguard yet.) There's no tab on the front-facing side of the box (and no evidence of one ever being there).

Looking at photos I can find, the top fixes to a clip that fits around the frame tube. I assume that the rear strap fixes to a similar clip at the bottom? Does the front bolt through to the mudguard,though? The absence of a front tab is vexing me.

email (option): cmmacd@hotmail.co.uk

Re: WM20 toolbox fixings

The top hole bolts to a P clip as you say. The front tab with slot bolts through a hole in the mudguard. The rear strap bolts to the back of the silencer mounting lug. Ron

BSA-IWM-3

email (option): ronpier@talk21.com

Thanks for this Ron. I'm still foxed about why there's no bracket on the front of my toolbox. I thought it may have bolted through the back to a valanced mudguard, but Henk's M21 has the front bracket...

email (option): cmmacd@hotmail.co.uk

Ah I see what you mean. I guess there is no need for the front tab when there is a valance. Ron

1940-m20-1

email (option): ronpier@talk21.com

Nieuwe pagina 1