Questions? Looking for parts? Parts for sale? or just for a chat,

The WD Motorcycle forum

WD Motorcycle forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
carburettor

Hi all,
I have a 1939 framed M20 with an early 40's motor, and I need to source a carburettor. The bike did not have one when I obtained it. Can the forum tell me the model number and jet size if appropriate, I know it was an AMAL but I have no other info. Also if anyone knows where I can get one, new or second-hand it would be appreciated. I am in the great land of OZ.
Cheers for now
Kevin

email (option): myf1@hotmail.com.au

Re: carburettor

Hi Kevin,
You can get a 276/1B from Burlen fuel systems in the UK.
They are sold with a main jet of 170 as built to run with no filter. If using a filter then you need a 160.

Your best man for info and parts in Australia is John Parker, who is on this forum, and he is in Victoria, tel 03 9879 3817, email ukcarbs@hotmail.com.John can supply new carbs as well and his prices are quite reasonable.

email (option): tknalder@iinet.net.au

Hello kevin.

The carb is AMAL 276C/1B, with the following:

4 Cutaway Slide

170 Main Jet

106 Needle jet

you can find details and photos and exploded view here

http://burlen.co.uk/carburettor-for-a-bsa-m20-b30-ex-w-d.html

http://amalcarb.co.uk/carbspec/carburettor/spares/id/4707/

Cheers,
Noam

email (option): noam10@gmail.com

If you are building a bike to ride regularly then a 626 concentric will serve you a lot better than a 276 will
You will get better fuel economy to boot.
OTOH if you want one to look at then go with a 276 .
I decided to fir concentric to everything decades ago as keeping parts for a dozen different carbs is a pain .

I cop a lo of flack from others for doing so , generally riders of A65's that run concentrics.

email (option): bsansw1@tpg.com.au

Thanks everyone for your help and knowledge, I will contact John Parker directly. Thanks again , cheers

email (option): myf1@hotmail.com.au

Nieuwe pagina 1