WD Motorcycle forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
restoration update

IMG-4525
IMG-4528
IMG-4527

well its taken a long time bit by bit what with 2 jobs, covid, family matters etc etc but i finally needed some kind of reward so even though it needs a few bits, headlamp installed, rear brake pedal is getting a new bush, horn button sticks, racks need attaching and wiring for the rear light tidied up, i decided to try and start it, so i removed the top of the float chamber and put some petrol in then forgetting the right starting procedures i pulled the decompression lever and got what i thought was TDC then just a bit past, pulled the advance lever half way as i forgot what i should do with it and then i kicked and lo and behold it started right up on the first kick....amazing and so happy...so now the questions.....

on my triumphs i look in the oil tank to see the oil returning so i know the pump is working, but what to do with this bike, all i can see is the cap on top of the filter, how do i know i have oil pressure?

the front forks are bent somehow as the bars will creep to the right just when sitting and even pushing the bike i can tell something is off, with the bars straight ahead the front wheel is off to the right, so any tips on checking girder fork alignment or is it a case of remove the front end and lay on a flat surface

couldnt have gotten this far without the help on this forum...cheers guys

Kevin

email (option): taybrig@shaw.ca

Re: restoration update

That's looking great, well done 🙂👍

email (option): horror@blueyonder.co.uk

Take the cap off the oil filter to see the oil bubbling up when running (you could also remove the chin splitter number plate if you are depicting a wartime bike).
Rich.

email (option): richardpurkiss@hotmail.com

Looks ace!

email (option): tjsblade@googlemail.com

Nieuwe pagina 1