Questions? Looking for parts? Parts for sale? or just for a chat,

The WD Motorcycle forum

WD Motorcycle forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
'Light Mud'

Has anyone come across this colour SCC No.5 'Light Mud' on any original parts or seen any bikes finished in it.
I know it's a kind of semi-official colour applied in the field for the Sicily/Italy campaigns and was not factory applied.
Someone on here discussed it back in 2013 and had their bike painted from a tin saying 'Light Mud', but their picture has since disappeared from the system.
Richard.

email (option): richardpurkiss@hotmail.com

Re: 'Light Mud'

I probably have a sample, but I cannot find the manual with colour chips right now, too hot to do anything really! remind me please.

OK, I found it, it's a strange colour! Mike Starmer gives the formula as 6 x Humbrol 187 Sand + 1 x Humbrol 31 Slate Grey + 1 x Humbrol 34 White.

That will give you a perfect sample to go and show your local paint guy, to have it mixed in a bigger quantity.

Cheers,

Lex

email (option): welbike@welb**e.net

Or RAL 7002 Olive Grey. Ron

download

email (option): ronpier@talk21.com

Well, that is not possible to compare on a computer screen, I would play it safe and use Mike's formula, I cannot detect any difference between his colour chip from the Humbrol paint, and my original 1942 sample.

Cheers,

Lex

Well it came on the formula sheet you once sent me Lex.:innocent:

To my dismay on several occasions, I've found that the mixing guy doesn't make a match to your sample. They tell me that the spectograph only works on gloss paint so it has to be done by eye. Ron

1448941820-RALmixes-jpg-4d80b0835480d5a1a66824db609bb41e

email (option): ronpier@talk21.com

Yes, I know, but I have never personally checked these (and am not intending to do so, but people can send me painted colour samples ofcourse), it was more for people who persisted in RAL colours, and had no other option.

Mike's stuff I have used, and stand behind the KG No.3 and other normal colours.

Yes, by eye in daylight is always best, never trusted these spectograph machines!

Cheers,

Lex

Nieuwe pagina 1