Questions? Looking for parts? Parts for sale? or just for a chat,

The WD Motorcycle forum

WD Motorcycle forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Indian made pillion seats... Caveat emptor...

While I was scrolling through eBay today, I found this original Lycett pillion seat (rear spring version). The rear brackets have been bodged, but otherwise it looks quite nice...

s-l1600-26
s-l1600-22
s-l1600-25
s-l1600-27
s-l1600-21
s-l1600-23
s-l1600-24

Then I noticed the "New Delhi" item location, and the fact that the seller claims to have 5 of these, which rose my suspicion...

Schermafbeelding-2020-07-16-om-07-04-36

Cunningly I decided to present myself as a dealer, and I wrote him this message:

Dear Sir,
I'm very interested in your pillion seats. As I have a business in buying and selling old motorcycle spare parts, I consider buying all 5. But could you please send me some pictures of the actual replica items that I would like to buy, as the pictures on eBay are obviously from an original item...
Kind regards,
John

Answer:

Sir i also have buisness in india as well as on ebay i have 100 motorcycles in my personal collection and tons and tons of orignal spare parts for british and Americans vintage motorcycles i wish to do buisness with you in future

Me again:

Hello,
Thanks for your reply, but could you please send me some pictures of the five replicas that you are selling? Before I order a batch, I would like to see some pictures, hope you understand...
Thanks,
John

Answer:

Sir I understand i am sending you the pic you can check it’s my best selling item and it will be in black paint this pic has to be painted when you will buy you will get black colour seats i am sending you the pics all 100% same as original
Regards
raj kumar

And these pictures came with this message. Completely different pillion seat as the one which was advertised. Utter rubbish in my eyes...

s-l1600-30
s-l1600-33
s-l1600-35
s-l1600-32
s-l1600-34

Me again:

Thanks Raj! Could you also send me pictures of the five seats next to each other please?
Cheers,
John

Answer:

Sir at this time i have sold all the seats which i have in stock and due to covid 19 new stocks is delayed in making, you don’t worry we do buisness internationally you can trust us you can see our feedbacks, if you want 5 seats you buy them from me before shipping i will send you the pics after your confirmation and your approval i will ship the item
Regards
Raj kumar

Unfortunately for our Indian friend I don't need any of these crap pillion seats... :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

email (option): wd.register@gmail.com

Re: Indian made pillion seats... Caveat emptor...

To be expected perhaps...(sadly)..However, there are also a lot of NOS parts being advertised from a dealer in Greece and he is doing a similar thing...Namely, not sending the item shown in the e bay photograph...Now we all know that NOS doesn't necessarily mean 'all in the same condition' and that turns out to be the case....So, it's another version of not getting what you think you're getting....

On the subject of saddles, and specifically, the mattress springs fitted under the riders saddle....Is anyone making the springs with the 'free hook' that is held in place by a reduction in the diameter of the last few coils of the spring..??.

I'd really like to buy a full set of quality springs for my various saddles...Ian

email (option): ian@wright52.plus.com

...but Jan...Look at the blue paint showing through...These could be the RAF Air-Portable version which is why everything is thinner ! You've turned down a bargain there, Son !

Mm. I got stung by the Greek chap bearing gifts. 'Nice original toolbox'. Once dispatched, shipping demanded (advertised as free). Box arrived, complete with pinhole rust and hinge half off. Why don't I learn?

email (option): cmmacd@hotmail.co.uk

Mr Tandoori has just sent me another reply:

sir what happend you didnt gave any reply you are intersted in the seats so what happend

What shall I tell him...? Any suggestions...? :laughing:

The Budda says that the biggest scams begin with the first lie.

Bet he's a Hindu... :man_with_turban:

Jan Just tell him That Gunga Pooch makes them a lot cheaper. Ron

email (option): ronpier@talk21.com

Tell him you've found a Beschutte Werkplaats / Sheltered Workshop in Belgium that can supply better quality ! Just don't tell him your name, Pike !

Have asked him what would be his best price if I ordered 100 of these pillion seats... :money_mouth_face: :money_mouth_face: :money_mouth_face:

I used to buy pillion seats like these only original and with seat cover from Globe Motorcycles in Smethwick - Birmingham in the 1970s for 21/- or £1.05 brand spanking new and fortunately I still have a couple.

You could tell him Globe Motorcycles offered the complete pillion seat for a better price which they did some 45 years ago.

""On the subject of saddles, and specifically, the mattress springs fitted under the riders saddle....Is anyone making the springs with the 'free hook' that is held in place by a reduction in the diameter of the last few coils of the spring..??.

I'd really like to buy a full set of quality springs for my various saddles...Ian""

Ian you could send a message to Joseph and Anna in Czech Rep.
https://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/ann60.7771/m.html?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEFSXS%3AMESOI&_trksid=p2053788.m1543.l2654

Ron

email (option): ronpier@talk21.com

Nieuwe pagina 1