Questions? Looking for parts? Parts for sale? or just for a chat,

The WD Motorcycle forum

WD Motorcycle forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
BSA paste

Arnaud sent me this as a gift. "BSA Saftipaste" Some sort of metal polishing/ cleaning paste. When I removed the lid, it smells/looks/feels like the orange colour cutting paste that we know. Ron
DSCF3040

email (option): ronpier@talk21.com

Re: BSA paste

It's a gun preservative paste...The tube you have looks to date from a later period than that described below...Ian

['A gun preserver which was much in vogue in this country just after World War I was a British product known as B.S.A. Safti-Paste. The initials stand for the maker, the well known firm of Birmingham Small Arms Company. This was much praised and recommended by gun editors and experts. It was said to be a good safe preventer of corrosion, and a boon to the lazy man, as all that was necessary was to coat the bore with this after shooting and then forget the gun until the next time it was wanted for shooting....']....

email (option): ian@wright52.plus.com

When Arnaud said it really cleaned up his "barrel" I thought he meant the cylinder barrel of an M20. :smile: :smile: Ron

Nice, you could use it on your 2 Pounder Ron, wasn't that made by BSA?

Rob

email (option): robmiller11(a)yahoo.co.uk

Indeed Rob! But I guess it will work just as well on Lee Enfield's. I'll put it somewhere appropriate in the "museum". :relaxed: Ron

Nieuwe pagina 1