Questions? Looking for parts? Parts for sale? or just for a chat,

The WD Motorcycle forum

WD Motorcycle forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
New owner of KM2757

I just got home with my new 1939, but titled as a 1940. There is no engine number that I can find.
I live in New Jersey USA.
The tank is a bit rusty inside, but a good cleaning and coating will do the trick. It is not a runner, but everything looks good. Got to get a battery and let the work begin.
I own 7 motorcycles. Harley Fatboy, XL1200 Sportster, Kawasaki Ninja, two Honda CX-500’s and Honda Dream 1964 and the BSA.

I do WWII re-enacting as the First ID Recon Mechanized. I got the BSA for convoy, display and to ride around town. Maybe I need get the British Dispatch uniform and switch. We do have a person in our group that rides a Matchless.

I will keep you posted on the rebuild.

It comes with a bunch of spares. Many gaskets, copper head gaskets, manuals, history of US ownerships. One quick. It comes with an aluminum head. Are they useful to help with cooling for normal 40 mph riding?
Charlie

email (option): cbhaws@verizon.net

Re: New owner of KM20 2757

Hello Charlie

Congratulations on getting an interesting early M20.

KM20 2757 is in the BSA Factory Ledgers as delivered to the Automobile Association painted Yellow on 7-6-39 originally with Engine KM20 1657 fitted.

What happened after that would be interesting to know, at the beginning of the war quite a large number of AA personnel enlisted in the Corps of Military Police as traffic controllers, some had been linked through the Territorial Army before the war. As the AA downsized presumably they needed less patrol outfits and it may be they passed some of their BSAs to the Army through Impressment, its also possible that the BSA ledgers were out of date and these machines went directly to the Army?

So any information you can share could be useful in filling in the gaps.

Rob

email (option): robmiller11(a)yahoo.co.uk

Re: New owner of KM20 2757

Rob Miller
Hello Charlie

Congratulations on getting an interesting early M20.

KM20 2757 is in the BSA Factory Ledgers as delivered to the Automobile Association painted Yellow on 7-6-39 originally with Engine KM20 1657 fitted.

What happened after that would be interesting to know, at the beginning of the war quite a large number of AA personnel enlisted in the Corps of Military Police as traffic controllers, some had been linked through the Territorial Army before the war. As the AA downsized presumably they needed less patrol outfits and it may be they passed some of their BSAs to the Army through Impressment, its also possible that the BSA ledgers were out of date and these machines went directly to the Army?

So any information you can share could be useful in filling in the gaps.

Rob
I have some history going back several owners. As I get more familiar with the bike I am sure to discover more of its history. I have receipts indicating mag Rebuilt, brakes reclined, new clutch, and more for the tidy some of over $2000. The Speedo shows 1066 miles. Maybe not working?
The bike made to to the northeast from the an owner in Florida around 2011.
Thanks for your info about the bike. Maybe I will find some yellow paint under the green. It has a 6” headlight, lugs for sidecar, sand spike stand, number plate front, 3 gallon fuel tank,
Thank you very much.
Charlie
cbhaws@verizon.net

email (option): cbhaws@verizon.net

Nieuwe pagina 1