Questions? Looking for parts? Parts for sale? or just for a chat,

The WD Motorcycle forum

WD Motorcycle forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Missing from Key Cards?

I'm new to this Forum but not to WM20s.

My first was in the early '70s, bought from a farmer who'd had it from auction in the '60s
Just as it left the army, complete and unmolested except for an air gun pellet through the headlamp glass, courtesy of his son........
Frame 8151, engine 112560.
Lex can't find it on the Key Cards, but we know it was sold from service at Bowhouse, Kilmarnock, Scotland almost certainly in 1966.
Lot number 824 is still painted on the front mudguard, along with the OSD Bowhouse address.

Auctioneers were Dixon and Wallace from Glasgow who kindly supplied a copy of the bill of sale when I first registered it for the road in 1975.
From memory, that showed the post war army number as 71ZC09, but not certain.
The paperwork disappeared to the registration authorities (no easy photocopying then) and the auctioneers are long gone too.

A long shot I know, but does anyone have a copy of that auction catalogue from around 1966?
They seem to have sold from that site only until 1967.

I'd like to confirm the post war number and also the original serial which may have been C3934983 if my calculations are correct, using British Forces Motorcycles as a basis.
Can anyone help please?

email (option): bsajb25@gmail.com

Re: Missing from Key Cards?

It is in the post war key cards, card 488A.

71ZC09 8151 1430882 S7287 274 FLD RGT RA TA 2 11 60

C1430882 is a late or post war rebuild serial.

The date at the end could be when it arrived with the TA Field Regiment or when it left?

The frame number doesn't match the contract S7287, so I would have a good look at it before I assumed it wasn't a later re-stamp.

Rob

email (option): robmiller11(a)yahoo.co.uk

If your frame number is genuine its from contract C5110 which wasn't completely straight forward with some odd gaps or errors, however from surviving examples in the key cards we can be relatively sure that WM20 8151 originally had the serial C3935084.

Rob

email (option): robmiller11(a)yahoo.co.uk

Rob,

Many thanks for both your responses.
The frame number is definitely genuine, not re-stamped, so I'll accept the early serial number to be as you say, from contract C5110.
Presumably the other C number would have been applied at some time prior to it becoming 71ZC09, so I now have three previous identities.
A result indeed!

I'd still like to see the Bowhouse catalogue if anyone can oblige?

David

email (option): bsajb25@gmail.com

Nieuwe pagina 1