Questions? Looking for parts? Parts for sale? or just for a chat,

The WD Motorcycle forum

WD Motorcycle forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Crankcase breather

Hi all, started to add the oil pipe work to my nut and bolt WM20 build. Can anybody tell me where the pipe for the crankcase breather goes to and what route it takes?
As many of you already know, I’m building from scratch with no frame of reference, so any help is much appreciated.

Steve

email (option): Sglover1104@gmail.com

Re: Crankcase breather

Steve,

As I understand it the breather goes from the crankcase and then to the gearbox/chain sprocket. I always found that it spreads oil around in a rather unpleasant way when arranged like that, so I've extended mine to go to a small 'catcher' bottle by the rear frame. Not much goes into the bottle, I'm surprised to notice. But far less drips on the ground!

I hope this helps,

Allan

email (option): allanmatchless@yahoo.com

The breather pipe runs down behind the inner primary chaincase, ending just below the level of the gearbox mounting plate (rear engine plate) where it exits onto the road...

There is a 1/4" diameter hole in the plate and the pipe is clipped to the plate with a 'P' clamp and a nut and bolt....Ian

email (option): ian@wright52.plus.com

OOPS!...I answered that incorrectly...It's the oil tank vent pipe that is clipped to the gearbox plate not the crank case breather pipe..That pipe goes in the direction described in my first post but isn't clipped to anything...

I attach mine to the frame with a cable tie at the lower end to make sure it doesn't vibrate...Ian

email (option): ian@wright52.plus.com

Nieuwe pagina 1