Questions? Looking for parts? Parts for sale? or just for a chat,

The WD Motorcycle forum

WD Motorcycle forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Clutch Assembly Removal

I need remove the clutch assembly on my M20. The problem that I'm having is the threads on the ID of clutch enclosure are stripped. When I put the removal tool in and try to pull the clutch assembly off, the tool pulls out due to the stripped threads. Is there a way of removing the assembly with a puller or another method without damaging it?

email (option): pswebster1@netzero.net

Re: Clutch Assembly Removal

You can get a three leg puller behind the clutch sleeve once the rest of the clutch is removed...
I had to grind the ends of the legs down quite thin to get them in but it does work...I put a 1/4" bolt, with the head countersunk, into the main shaft as a 'seat' for the end of the pullers threaded centre screw....Ian

email (option): ian@wright52.plus.com

The very first centres didn't have this thread. I still have one on my M22. I do have another clutch sleeve ready to fit when needed.

In the box of "special tools" are socket headed cap screws for Just about every shaft that a puller has to bear against.
This protects the shaft and also seats the puller really well.
On the few places when socket headed caps are not available I got a high tensile bolt & center drilled the head to do the same thing.

And remember a puller is not a puller.
It is a preloader so when the bolt os given a sharp tap it is jolted free from the taper.

email (option): bsansw1@tpg.com.au

Nieuwe pagina 1